This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McD's Moment...

Now, I know burgers are different from pizzas. However, I also know that reading something isn't so bad when I am literally the only customer in the store.

Also, when the entire kitchen staff is standing there talking about their clubbing later, I know you're not too busy.

OH YEAH. The drive-thru was also locked up since the speaker was broken (which was the only reason I went in).

So I order, one McDouble with only pickles. One tea.

I get my drink, come back and wait...

...and wait.

...and check my watch to see that 20 minutes has passed.

I flag down someone at the back of the kitchen, and ask if my burger was done.

HUZZAH, it was sitting at the drive-thru window.

I open it, it has everything with no pickles. I ask if I can have a McDouble... pickles only, show my receipt. (food allergy)

I then get an everything with pickles...

Show my receipt again.

They make it everything extra pickles.

...again, and then I somehow got a chicken sandwich with pickles and onion.

...again, and I get a McDouble with ketchup.

...so I just asked for my dollar ten back.

"Um.. seriously? Just eat that...?"

No.. I'm kinda allergic to the onions on every sandwich you've given me.

"UGH... ... ... ROGER!!"

Roger comes up, throws a messy napkin down by my hand, throws my money in change at me (which I pick up), hands me a slip to sign, which I do.

I start to walk out when Roger asks me if I want corporate's number.

I say no, I was going to (this particular McD's district manager)'s house for supper, and will talk to him there.

Their eyes go wide, as boyfriend-man walks in and yells WTF is going on in here?!

Sounds like you went to this same McDonald's.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
      I say no, I was going to (this particular McD's district manager)'s house for supper, and will talk to him there.

Their eyes go wide, as boyfriend-man walks in and yells WTF is going on in here?!
      PWNED!

Yeah, someone's busted.
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

And you have Roger's name as a really SLACKING manager who lets his people pull this shit.

Comment

Please tell me you really were going to the DM's house. Someone needs their asses reamed.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Holy hell...
            You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

How hard can it be?

Bun, meat, cheese, meat, pickles, bun, done!

They messed it up like 6 times? Wow, 1 maybe 2 times may be a simple mistake or misunderstandings.

6 times? That's just plain carelessness and utter stupidity on the part of McD's employees.

I hope retribution comes in the form of a writeup or a termination.
              Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                Please tell me you really were going to the DM's house. Someone needs their asses reamed.
                Why yes, I was. My stop there was a normal detour so I don't end up eating more than my share of food when we go out.

For the record, my dear 2nd cousin (grew up with him as a brother figure) took care of it, and had them email me an apology.

Comment

I can't believe they just told you to 'eat it.' I hope they get some serious retraining!
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post

"Um.. seriously? Just eat that...?"
                    I'd be really tempted to grab a certain part of my anatomy and respond "Eat this." Seriously, you screw up my burger six times and give me attitude? You've devolved so much you can't buttfuck your way into making a burger with only pickles on it?

There seems to be an uptick in order inaccuracy at McDonalds restaurants lately. I haven't been to one in quite some time. That's probably a blessing.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've stopped going to mine as well...mostly for the eating healthier thing, but also because its a 50/50 shot that they've screwed up something I've ordered. Bacon/egg/cheese rather than sausage/egg/cheese...SOMETHING.

Comment

I've had problems with McDonalds before as well. My friend hates sauce, so when picking up a wrap for her I made sure to order it without any. The first one had it. So did the second one.
                        There was never any sort of apology, and it wasn't busy at all.

I particularly didn't enjoy standing there for ten minutes in my Daria costume with two lolitas in the car waiting for food

Comment

Like I implied elsethread, I have a feeling the inaccuracies may be caused by the fact that some places hire people for customer service who don't speak the dominant language of their customer base. I'm noticing that more and more Yes it's nice to be multicultural, but at least make sure they can, you know, actually COMMUNICATE with customers!
                          DJ Particle

Comment

Quoth EmiOfBrie View Post
                            Like I implied elsethread, I have a feeling the inaccuracies may be caused by the fact that some places hire people for customer service who don't speak the dominant language of their customer base. I'm noticing that more and more Yes it's nice to be multicultural, but at least make sure they can, you know, actually COMMUNICATE with customers!

that may be true but remember (and no disrespect to anyone who holds this type of job and that include ME) this kind of job is defined as a McJob ie. low paying, low status, low skill, low esteem, low quality or no benefits, high turnover, few opportinities for advancement or better money, etc. in short a "WHO THE HECK CARES ANYMORE" job. a job that is serveraly looked down upon by the general public but they tend flock into such places to eat, shop and buy stuff.. I would guess that a LOT of the jobs that members here on CS hold would be in one way or another be considered a McJob.
                            Last edited by Racket_Man; 08-08-2011, 04:19 AM.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

something similar happened to someone i use to know in virginia...

he claimed the local (privately owned) McD's gave him bad service... i forgot what it was but he was pretty furious. i think at that point it wasn't service rather but that the manager was personally being a dick to him.

and when he said he was going to talk to the owner the manager blew him off, not realizing ... he really DID know the owner. who in turn was pissed off over the situation and fired the manager.

Comment

Working...
                              X