X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude.

Happened to a friend of mine.
    She went to Subway for lunch with her co-worker, and there was a woman in the restaurant trying to use food stamps to buy a sandwich. When the employees told her she couldn't do that, she started treating them like dirt. My friend offered to pay for her sandwich, but she refused and started cursing. My friend and her co-worker told her to be quiet, because there were kids in the restaurant, and the lady sprayed her with mace.

Dude.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

They could charge lady with assault for that.

Comment

Please, PLEASE tell us the employee called the police! Some people have to go to the hospital for being maced if they're sensitive to it.
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Seriously? If I had been there I would have tackled the moron and held her for the police.

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
          My friend offered to pay for her sandwich, but she refused and started cursing. My friend and her co-worker told her to be quiet, because there were kids in the restaurant, and the lady sprayed her with mace.
          Please tell me she got arrested. There's no call for that type of behaviour, & I'm pretty sure that Mace is illegal.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
            Please tell me she got arrested. There's no call for that type of behaviour, & I'm pretty sure that Mace is illegal.
            spraying anyone that is not attacking you physically with pepper spray or mace is felony assault.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
              What BlaqueKatt said. As for the mace itself, I suspect that's a regional thing. In a similar vein, I've heard people suggest getting a kubotan as perfectly legal before, except that while I was still at undergrad in Utah, we had a city police officer giving a safety lecture who told us kubotans were illegal there and so to get a mini-Maglite instead since it was about the same size but "just" a flashlight.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Did someone call the cops??

Comment

I don't know if someone called the cops, but someone probably did. My friend said she just let it go (she's like that, super peacenik).
                  "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Akasa View Post
                    They could charge lady with assault for that.
                    Yes. That is assault.

I'm pretty sure that Mace is illegal.
                    Depends on the state. It's perfectly legal here as a self-defense measure.

However HOW the SC used it is entirely illegal. Pepper spray is suppose to be used to stop an attacker so you can get away safely. It's NOT suppose to be a "how dare you disagree with me" weapon.

and something like that could get HER sprayed, tazed, or drawn down upon by another customer.
                    Last edited by PepperElf; 08-08-2011, 02:28 PM.

Comment

I know in NJ, the law is that you may carry mace/pepper spray/ etc as long as it is a pocket sized container that cannot expel more than 3/4s of one ounce of spray...so tiny tiny tiny. you are also only allowed to carry one at a time.

Comment

Mace and Teargas are illeagal for civilian use in Kansas City. I'm not sure about Pepper Spray, though.
                        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

Working...
                        X