This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redbox Sighting

I head out on my merry way to return yesterday's videos. I pull up to see a girl playing on her phone while kinda looking at movies. There are already two guys waiting to also rent movies. When I get in line, she calls someone to ask what movie they want to see. I project my voice to ask "are you really that rude?!" Everyone turns around to look at me. She repeats my question to her friend on the phone and states she can't believe I "can't, like, wait five minutes." When she starts to briefly argue on the phone that "no I'm gonna get this one, no I'm gonna get this one" I dryly laugh & say "Wow".

I don't mind waiting while someone's trying to figure out which movie(s) to get, but don't call someone else to help you with your selection when you've already got a line!
    Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Most people around here only use redbox for the latest movies on DVD anyway... surely their can't be so many choices you need to "call a friend" so to speak.
    Good on you for calling her out but I would caution you, there are many crazies out there who will do you harm if you call them out.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

"It's a RedBox! Not "Who wants to be a Millionaire!" There is no lifeline! Make a choice or GTFO!"
      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
        Most people around here only use redbox for the latest movies on DVD anyway... surely their can't be so many choices you need to "call a friend" so to speak.
        Good on you for calling her out but I would caution you, there are many crazies out there who will do you harm if you call them out.
        Exactly. Just because they look like a wilting flower doesn't mean they won't kick your butt. Picking your battles is key when dealing with idiot SCs.
        Random conversation:
        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

"can't, like, wait five minutes."
          Seriously? It's going to take her 5 minutes to make up her mind? Get the fuck out of the way then for people who already know what they want.

Comment

I hate those things. There's one in our local Wal-Mart right by the exit door. I'm headed out behind this one woman who stops in the exit doorway to look at the selection. This of course blocks the exit. I'm about to say something but her daughter saves me the trouble by saying "Mom!! You're blocking the exit!" What's her mother's response? "There's another door! HARUMPH! I'm tired of people saying I'm in the way!" Uh.. lady.. the other door... IS THE ENTRANCE. I'm pissed off enough at people who decide to come out through the entrance doors, I'm not stooping to their level. As she was starting her tirade she went ahead and moved on anyways. Seriously, if she wanted to browse, then all she had to do was go over to the machine and look, not stand in the exit door and look from there.
            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

This may be a self sighting - I had to return a redbox rental and had gotten "trapped" by my parents and ended up staying later at their place than I had intended - finally at 10 mins til 9 I got up and walked out the door - and drove to the nearest redbox - where there were people just starting to LOOK - and it is now literally 8:58; so I asked, "I'm sorry, I hate to be rude, but if I don't get this returned right now I'm gonna get charged for another day" and before I asked to cut, the young lady was nice enough to exit out, and let me return my dvd... I said thank you as I returned to my car
              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

no, that's not sucky on your part. it wasn't your fault you were late and you asked first.

Comment

Ha... I'm beginning to hate the one at my closest MickeyD's. The other day, I was going to use their drive-thru and some nimrod pulled in the wrong way and parked in the drive-thru lane and just sat there. Finally as I drove around them the passenger got out and stood in front of it, I guess choosing a movie. I hate to think of the chaos involved had it been a busier time of day.

Comment

My problem with Redbox is that they always seem to be facing the Sun!

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                      Uh.. lady.. the other door... IS THE ENTRANCE. I'm pissed off enough at people who decide to come out through the entrance doors, I'm not stooping to their level. As she was starting her tirade she went ahead and moved on anyways. Seriously, if she wanted to browse, then all she had to do was go over to the machine and look, not stand in the exit door and look from there.
                      Oh, hell, the one here by me, they might as well take "Entrance" and "Exit" off of the damned doors. Nobody seems capable of reading and comprehending the difference. Maybe the "E" confuzzles them?
                      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Treasure View Post
                        This may be a self sighting - I had to return a redbox rental and had gotten "trapped" by my parents and ended up staying later at their place than I had intended - finally at 10 mins til 9 I got up and walked out the door - and drove to the nearest redbox - where there were people just starting to LOOK - and it is now literally 8:58; so I asked, "I'm sorry, I hate to be rude, but if I don't get this returned right now I'm gonna get charged for another day" and before I asked to cut, the young lady was nice enough to exit out, and let me return my dvd... I said thank you as I returned to my car
                        If you were sucky, you'd have barged up to the front of the line and knocked the lady out of the way to make your return or demanded in a whiny tone if she was going to be done before Christmas.
                        Random conversation:
                        Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                        DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

"IT Grunt - Seriously, if she wanted to browse, then all she had to do was go over to the machine and look, not stand in the exit door and look from there"

I have a habit of walking towards doors where people are lounging in the way saying loudly "Doorway! coming through!". For some reason that gets people out of the way quickly.
                          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                          X