X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One suck and two awesome interactions with strangers

I can live with that.

Start with the suck, or wtf at least

So, I had to go to Aldi again today. Ok, technically yesterday now. (started work at 4 a.m. Saturday and it's now nearly 3 a.m. Sunday. Might need to sleep at some point!) During my visit, I witnessed this piece of class:

MM: Middle aged mother
    GS: Full-grown son, probably late 20s to early 30s.

MM: I'll get in line. Could you go get a bottle of ketchup?
    GS: But I don't want to walk that far!
    MM: Ok, I'll get it myself.

So she leaves him in line while she runs to get it. Meanwhile, he stands there in line picking out snack foods and adding them to her cart. Now, he had other conversations with her that proved that he was a fully functioning adult, at least in some regards. He just can't be bothered to go get ketchup for his mother.

Awesome interaction at a train station

I was at a train station to go to a concert in a nearby town and stopped by the ladies room. Of course, there was a line.

F1 and F2: Two friends (but strangers to me) who got in line right behind me.
    Me:

F1: There's ALWAYS a line for the ladies room when you get off the train!
    F2: I KNOW!
    Me: (don't know what possessed me to butt in. probably because I had been up so long already). That's why they need twice as many ladies' rooms as men's rooms!
    F1: Right! Because there's never a line at the men's room. *pause* I've been in a lot of men's rooms in my time.
    Me: You do what you've gotta do.
    F2: *giggling* But not always to go to the bathroom, right?
    F1: Well....
    Me: *pause* You do what you've gotta do.
    Cue giggle fit from all of us
    F2: I like you!

Awesome interaction at the concert

So, I went to the concert wearing my Star Wars Retold with Unicorns tshirt. The first band had finished and we were all dancing our butts off to some electronic music mixed live. (It was AWESOME! I've seen this guy live before.) Another girl stops dancing and points at my shirt and looks quizzical. I hold it out for her to see and she cracks up. Then, she pretends to draw a light saber and I follow suit. We "dueled" for a little bit before she acted like I had cut off her hand.
    The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Loooooove the T-Shirt!!!
    "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

omg that's cool

Comment

Wow. Those ladies were awesome!!!! Did she go all "NOOOOOOOO!!!" When you sliced her hand.

Comment

HAHAHA! If she did, there was no way I could have heard her. It was so loud and we were RIGHT in front of the stage. This was all non-verbal communication.
          The original Cookie in a multitude of cookies.

Comment

Working...
          X