This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    And, of course, you get plant/pet duty for everyone who's gone.
    Yep I have two little warrior doxies I'm watching till their owners return from Pennsic. I can't wait till they get back, its quiet and the two little heathen dogs are starting to drive me crazy.
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Glad everything worked out all around [well except for the poor owners of brand new smoking craters, I wish them well in working with their banks and insurance companies]

Let me put in a plug for Minimus dot biz - I just noticed on of their new products this month is a tidy little spray bottle of natural bedbug spray, sized for your luggage. They also have singles of laundry detergents and other products, though what I might have suggested for your parents was a quick stop in the lavatory at the airport and a change into clean clothes, and shoving the dirty ones into a small trash bag. We keep a couple of the tall kitchen can bags in our luggage for using as laundry bags, as well as packaging 1 set undies each in gallon zippy bags to make it easy to grab the days undies, and package yesterdays for laundry when we get home. We try to take at least 2 sets of undies more than days of the trip, in case of accidents. Packing in zippy bags makes sure that you at least have clean dry undies in case of disaster =)
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Commiserations/Congrats on the Cancer scare. Dealt with one when I was 20 and it was hell. anyone who upset me for those couple of weeks was lucky not to be injured.

Hope this/next week is better for you!
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

I dunno, man, it was something else. I firmly believe all the bad stuff happens at once so you can just get it over with.
          I sincerely hope so! Perhaps the rest of the year will go really well, now that you've got Hell Week over with.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

It's always a little disconcerting when you're a SCAdian and you DON'T go to Pennsic. It's like being in a ghost town till everyone gets back.

And, of course, you get plant/pet duty for everyone who's gone.
            My problem was finding someone who WASN'T going to Pennsic to check in on our cats.... Ended up getting a co-worker to stop over a few times to refill the food and water.

Hope things are going better this week, RK!
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
            X