This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sign at lowes - or at least the first time I noticed it

My BF & I went to Lowes a few days ago for gardening supplies and some tools. On the way in we noticed a new sign (or at least one we hadn't seen before)

Paraphrased because my memory isn't perfect:

"Due to health concerns pets are no longer authorized inside the store, including animals in carriers.

Service animals are always welcome"

I didn't realize lowes had a lot of people brining pets in... but i guess there was enough of an issue to ban it.

The problem is that the dogs leave presents that the owners were not taking care of.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

That is one of my biggest pet peeves with people. People who bring their dogs into stores/restaurants where they dont belong. I don't care how big or small. Especially when they let the dogs walk around in store.

Comment

The store I worked at had that problem a LOT. One woman bitched to the manager about one of the other paint girls because she literally ran to the break room on sight of the customer.. paint girl is really allergic to dogs and the woman had her little purse-dog sitting in the cart...
        "If looks could really kill, my occupation would be staring" Brand New - I Will Play My Game Beneath The Spin Light

Comment

The proper place for my animals when I'm out and about is at home. Except for trips to the vet, of course. Or dog walking in dog-okay areas.
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Who brings a pet to the home improvement store??
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Lots of people bring their pets wherever they go. When I worked at the orange apron there were purse dogs everywhere! Not a lot of large dogs, but medium dogs in the carts with the children. They didn't get banned until someone's shitzu bit one of the hardware ladies.

Comment

I always see a few pets at the local Lowe's. I don't bring mine in.

If it's a hot day, I can kind of understand it, because you don't want to leave the dog in the car. I don't bring my dog into the grocery store he's not allowed in, but part of me wishes I could. Then I could take him to the dog park, and just go straight to the grocery store afterward without making a side trip back home. In the winter when it's cool, I can just leave him in the car, but not this time of year.

Even if I know he's welcome, though, I leave the pup out. He's very hyper, and with all the distractions a store has to offer, I know he won't listen to me in there. Once in a while, I'll take him to the pet store and let him pick out his own toy, but that's it. There, and the outdoor fish & chips place, since it's on one of our walking routes.
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I always see people with dogs, sometimes large dogs, at Lowe's. I've been in there a lot of late because we had a house fire in October, and we've had to rebuild our house from the foundation up (and note there was previously no foundation at all) so we had to get paint and such from there A LOT. I saw this lady there with one of those little yappy dogs that looks like a dust mop, and every time someone got within ten feet of that lady the dog would go after them and start barking madly and snapping at their ankles, actually trying to bite. When one of the workers asked her to take her dog out, she said it wasn't her fault that people were getting to close and her dog doesn't like other people. Well then why the hell would you take him in public?! My dog Jack can't stand children, so do you know where he is when I go out somewhere? At home! If your dog doesn't like people, then why put them in a situation where there are going to be other people? Did you think that the store would be completely deserted? Taking a dog that doesn't like people, and gets downright violent around them, to a busy store and acting like you had no idea that there would be a problem there is like me taking my elderly dog that hates children to a daycare and being surprised to find children!

I didn't catch the end of the conversation, but I hope she got kicked out. Pets belong at home, unless you're going to a vet or somewhere that you know pets are okay, like PetsMart or something.

Comment

For a time dogs were allowed inside the home improvement store I worked at. However, an incident on the mainland (someone got charged at by a German Sheppard) changed the policy. Even with "No dogs allowed" signs, people still brought them in. I had to kick sooo many people out. One person with a huge huge Newfoundland dog argued with me until I said

"See that cashier right there? Yeah, the one trying not to cough? She's EXTREMELY ALLERGIC to dogs. Now get out"

I will say, within the next 6 months, I'll likely be going in with a dog. But I qualify for a service dog (small for seizure detection), and having dogs before (and it being you know, a service dog) will control it.

Comment

I've seen plenty plenty plenty of dogs (And one parakeet) in my store. Were it not for the allergy thing, I wouldn't mind at all. My concern is that they walk around my hardware desk, where there are plenty of very sharp key slivers scattered around, and dogs do not wear shoes nor socks. Being someone who knows what it's like to have metal slivers in their feet, .. just .. .. ouch. Fur doesn't help as much as you think it does.

I remember the time I had a tremendous brown afghan walking around loose in the store. "That's the strangest customer I've ever seen," I thought to myself when I saw him turning a corner and walk down the aisle toward me.
                      SC: "Are you new or something?"
                      Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Comment

I was at a mall recently where a sucky teen took it to the next step. She had her cat on a leash in a mall. And started yelling at some one who made a comment how it was weird

Comment

Someone brought their chinchilla in a couple days ago. I got to pet him.
                          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

In our funky little Real Estate office we allowed dogs if they behaved,some were pets of regular clients that spent a lot of money,including the damned Chihuahua. She was a really friendly one though,not yippy & snappy.

The dog,not the client.She was snippy & nasty
                            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
                              Someone brought their chinchilla in a couple days ago. I got to pet him.
                              Oh, those are sooooo soft and sooooo cute!
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X