This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF lady?

So last night boyfriend and I go to the grocery store to pick up some sushi for dinner. Yes in Hawaii you can get sushi at the grocery store, its not the best, but its not bad. We're in line and about to pay when in the line behind us we hear an old lady start yelling at the guys in line behind her calling them druggies, calling them racist terms, etc. Telling them to fuck off, etc. and refusing to pay for her stuff while she's just haranguing them. Finally she does pay for her stuff and heads out. At this point my boyfriend and I are done with our transaction and behind her and when she gets to the doors with the security guards she decides to talk to them and cause trouble for the guys in line behind her. We're like wow what a nasty old lady.

I would imagine the sushi you can get in the grocery stores would be similar to what you could get in the Japanese grocery stores - not the best, but it does the job.

There are two grocery store chains here where you can get fresh made sushi. I know Trader Joe's used to sell sushi; I don't know if they still do, but it was pretty good.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      I would imagine the sushi you can get in the grocery stores would be similar to what you could get in the Japanese grocery stores - not the best, but it does the job.
      Pretty much, yes. Most of the grocery stores do sell packages of California rolls. Trader Joes still sells sushi, as well. The local natural foods market chain has sushi chefs making fresh sushi every day.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Kroger's carries sushi, too.
        You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

My store in Jersey sold packs of sushi for a long time but I don't think they have them anymore. I'm not a sushi eater so I can't tell you how it was.

Comment

Publix has fresh in-store made sushi. It's a bit pricey for what it is, but it's not bad. Not great, but not bad.
            Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

mmmm grocery store sushi. yeah i remember that in hawaii. even the 7-11 had sushi.

i'm trying to remember if there's anything offensive i remember from hawaii that you could say to her.... but all i remember is the racial-slur they used for non-hawaiians. so i won't repeat that one.

Comment

I sometimes get sushi from our local grocery store chain.

Comment

They sell little packs of sushi (California rolls and a few variations on that) at the cafe at school. I've always been tempted to try them, but also afraid.
                  "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

You can get Sushi at Safeway. I don't eat the stuff but the hubbie does and it seems ok. Wow wonder what drugs that old lady was on.

Comment

Maybe she needed to be on drugs....
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

"What drugs is this guy on?"
                        "Either too much or not enough."
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

You can get Sushi at any grocery store in the New Orleans area. Doesn't mean its good sushi.

And that lady was a great big wench. I'm surprised she wasn't booted.

Comment

Quoth 42_42_42 View Post
                            Publix has fresh in-store made sushi. It's a bit pricey for what it is, but it's not bad. Not great, but not bad.
                            Sunflower Farmers Market does, too.

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                            "What drugs is this guy on?"
                            "Either too much or not enough."
                            Sounds like a pharmacy worker. A lot of our "special" customers need less, more, or different drugs!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                              You can get Sushi at any grocery store in the New Orleans area. Doesn't mean its good sushi.
                              Seconded ^_^

You want fast, convenient, "cheap(er)" sushi? Go to a grocery store. Most of them do make it daily (I used to work at one when the idea was first put into practice here) on an as-needed basis (meaning, toss out yesterday's packs and make a new batch first thing in the morning, make another set at lunchtime to fill in the holes). You want made-on-the spot sushi and are willing to pay for it? Hit Shogun or Sake Cafe or, in a pinch, the all-you-can-eat sushi at Little Tokyo (if they even still do that) Or just meet them halfway and hit one of the nicer Chinese places - several of them have sushi bars, too.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X