Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

okay, so the London riots were my fault...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okay, so the London riots were my fault...

<bg> Had to go emergency prop shopping for our show today. We are leaving tomorrow to travel to Edinburgh to perform for a week. Part of the show (which is about a bank robbery) involves a mask of Kate Middleton (oh yeah the show's a comedy). This morning it got stuck in the props bag, I pulled on it and it being only card it ripped. My Bad. </bg>

The shop where we get the masks from is a party style shop, sells costumes, masks and some pretty hard core rave gear. All the staff out about my age (early 20s) as I entered the shop an older lady was at the desk

Me:
    older lady: SC with something stuck up her arse
    Nice Shop assistant: AS

SC: I just think it's dreadful everything that's been happening, I mean all that violence! I haven't felt safe! Thank god it doesn't seem to be getting worse! (blah blah blah it went on whilst I was looking at the masks)
    I find the right mask and come up to the desk
    SC: And this is part of the problem!
    Me and AS:
    SC: You shouldn't be allowed to stock masks! People can buy them and hide their identity in these riots!
    AS: M'am we haven't had any problems here. It's all ending all over the country
    SC: They could flare up again! Especially when your selling masks to these type of people! -glares at me-
    Me: Excuse me?
    SC: Yes you! dressed like that!
    (I'm wearing jeans with a dress over the top and a hoody. A hoody which has emblasioned on the back Gilbert and Sullivan Operatic society)
    Me: So you are making an accusation that I'm involved in the riots based on what I'm wearing, my age and the fact I'm buying a mask!
    SC: It's people like you, that are destroying this country! You have no respect for your elders!
    AS: M'am at the moment you are having no respect for my customers I need you to leave my shop
    SC: You're probably one of them as well!
    AS: Please leave or I'm calling security
    SC leaves whilst calling over her shoulder "i'm going to report the both of you!

AS was apologetic whilst she ran up my purchase but it's no my fault. A security guard turned up and apparently she's accused about 5 other people today of being involved. They're trying to track her down and through her out the shopping centre.

Have to say im finding it amusing now but earlier I was so f****** angry at it! I hate people that judge by things like what im wearing. Where I live was not affected by the riots at all, not even suspected planning. I have been very vocal about the riots and how against them I am, to then be accused of it... well...
    My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Quoth Beki710 View Post
    A security guard turned up and apparently she's accused about 5 other people today of being involved. They're trying to track her down and through her out the shopping centre.
    Could she be charged with slander and making a false report? She needs a good reality check.
    Quoth Beki710 View Post
    Have to say im finding it amusing now but earlier I was so f****** angry at it! I hate people that judge by things like what im wearing. Where I live was not affected by the riots at all, not even suspected planning. I have been very vocal about the riots and how against them I am, to then be accused of it... well...
    Naturally, nobody likes to be accused of something they didn't do, especially when it's something they're vehemently against.

I'm glad you're okay, and that the riots are dying down. I don't understand that madness at all.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      and that the riots are dying down. I don't understand that madness at all.
      It's the mob mentality. Get enough people together and their IQ drops below freezing, Celcius at that. People who wouldn't dream of doing that kind of crap normally turn into idiots in a mob. They egg each other on.

Comment

Consider the source and try to ignore it. She's nuts, stupid, and simply one of these people who wants to yell at someone, regardless. Why do you care what an idiot thinks?

And didn't you know? Pirates of Penzance was a training film for rioters.

Although our dark career
        Sometimes involves the crime of stealing,
        We rather think that we're
        Not altogether void of feeling.
        Although we live by strife,
        We're always sorry to begin it,
        For what, we ask, is life
        Without a touch of Poetry in it?

Comment

Ooh! Ooh! I remember doing the Pirates of Penzance at my grammar school!

I particularly like the point that the Pirate King made:

'But many a king on a first-class throne,
          If he wants to call his crown his own,
          Must manage somehow to get through
          More dirty work than ever I do.'

Oh and Beki? Who was she going to report you to? As far as I know it's not illegal to buy a mask in the UK.......
          Last edited by Marmalady; 08-12-2011, 01:06 PM.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

that lady must have been whacked out on SOMETHING.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Beki710 View Post
              <(I'm wearing jeans with a dress over the top and a hoody. A hoody which has emblasioned on the back Gilbert and Sullivan Operatic society)
              I am the very picture of the modern minor rioter!
              Conversant in every form of criminal and provocateur,
              Burning cars while stealing TVs and furs,
              Singing all the while, staying in perfect verse,
              When I go about, how all the old biddies curse,

Well, you get the idea.
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

You'd think it was obvious you weren't "one of them" simply by entering the store by opening the door rather than throwing a brick through the window and looting the place.
                Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                Fiancee: What?!
                Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  I am the very picture of the modern minor rioter!
                  Conversant in every form of criminal and provocateur,
                  Burning cars while stealing TVs and furs,
                  Singing all the while, staying in perfect verse,
                  When I go about, how all the old biddies curse,

Well, you get the idea.
                  I love you Geek King!

Comment

Quoth Lady_Pigeon View Post
                    I love you Geek King!
                    I will fight you for him.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                      You'd think it was obvious you weren't "one of them" simply by entering the store by opening the door rather than throwing a brick through the window and looting the place.
                      She can't do that yet, she needs the mask first obviously.
                      "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                      "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                      Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                        Get enough people together and their IQ drops below freezing, Celcius at that. People who wouldn't dream of doing that kind of crap normally turn into idiots in a mob.
                        "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." - Agent Kay, "Men in Black"
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          I will fight you for him.
                          Gotta take me on too, then.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Lucky bastard
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Beki710 View Post
                              <bg> Had to go emergency prop shopping for our show today. We are leaving tomorrow to travel to Edinburgh to perform for a week.
                              You realize that I don't like you now because I'm extremely jealous. You got to go to Fringe. Someday....
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X