Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From my BFF: You come in and insult me on the job??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From my BFF: You come in and insult me on the job??

The title is what she said to me about how she felt when I called her about this. Background: she moved to another state to go to school and met a guy she thought would be good for me, but when she mentioned where I work, he had disdain for that and proceeded to ignore me. Well, a couple of weeks ago she transferred campuses and got a job in my company. She LOVES it, in fact, has joked she should quit school to work there. /background

So tonight she was at work and he came in to get something. They said their hi's and she was saying how she really likes it there. Right there, in front of another customer, he said, "Oh, we'll have to raise your standards," or something like that. She tried to kind of play it off with a joke. "Oh, I'm a simple girl; I like simple things." His response: "Simple people and I don't get along." Why does he hate our company so much? Yet, he's willing to shop there.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    "Simple people and I don't get along."
    .... *STOMPS FOOT* I dislike people.

*Stews about it*
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Food Lady you are not missing a thing with this jerk.

Work is work. All jobs exist because they need to be done. The people who do them are exchanging their labor for an honest living that lets them support themselves and maybe have a little mad money.

There is no "undesirable work." There are jobs individuals may not want to do because they are difficult, dangerous, or disgusting . . . but those who choose to do them are to be applauded, not condemned.

Your friend can do so much better in her choices of friends. This guy is a loser because of his attitude.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
        There is no "undesirable work."
        I dunno, I think there is some undesirable work out there someplace. Sure wouldn't want to spend all my time cleaning up poo... oh wait, I've done that.

I'd hate to have to spend my time picking up after kids and teens... wait, done that too.

...Fast food? Done it.

MAGGOTS IN THE KITCHEN! ....dammit, done that, too.

I've dealt with a poor person in a rich girl's body (she married into money and lost what little class she had)*. THAT I wouldn't wish on ANYBODY, not EVEN my enemy.

*And if you happen to live in Cordele, GA and ran into her... I'm sorry. I'm really really sorry. Really.
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

There is undesirable work but someone's got to do it right? I don't understand why people look down their noses at people that work in retail? Especially in my neck of the woods. Many of them are probably college students and you've got to start somewhere right?

Comment

This guy is a snob, pure and simple.

Reminds me of a few people I've known who would turn their nose up in disgust if I showed them an antique china plate I'd bought at a garage sale, but ooh and aah over the same thing in an antique shop at 10 times the price. They care more about labels and appearances than what's inside, whether it be objects or people.

Bad enough he thinks the company is beneath him, but when he belittles those who work there just because they don't have a job up to his standards, I'd run, far away, no one needs friends like that.

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Wow.

What. A. Jerk.

I do hope she ignores the guy the next time she sees him.

Or better yet, plays the 'class division' up a bit...

"Oh I'm SOOOOORRRRYYY M'Lord, I didn't know you were AAAADDRESSSSING the RAAABBBLE... Did you want me to GAAAAATHER the PEEEAAASANTS to sprinkle flower petals BEFOOOOORRRRRE you as you shop for TUUUUBBBBE SOOOOCKS?"

(or whatever he shops for there... I have no idea where you or she works)
              "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

LOL tube socks is about right.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Why does he hate our company so much? Yet, he's willing to shop there.
                  Because some people want us to realize and understand the store and employees are beneath them... and that everyone should be grateful and lick their feet in gratitude that they would even consider stepping foot inside.

though, for fun you could tell your friend that you're offended she ever thought to hook you up with him

jk - cos i'm sure she didn't realize he was an asshole before then.

Comment

To hell with Mr. I'm Too Snobby For My Shirt. The way I see it is if somebody doesn't think I'm good enough for them, then they're not good enough for me.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      "Simple people and I don't get along." Why does he hate our company so much? Yet, he's willing to shop there.
                      "Why, because you're an absolute prick?"

Seriously, what an eagle.

Some people need to get knocked down 10 pegs. People who judge others based on their job irritate me.
                      If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

Happened to someone else, so it's more of a sighting.
                        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth El Pollo Guerrera View Post

"Oh I'm SOOOOORRRRYYY M'Lord, I didn't know you were AAAADDRESSSSING the RAAABBBLE... Did you want me to GAAAAATHER the PEEEAAASANTS to sprinkle flower petals BEFOOOOORRRRRE you as you shop for TUUUUBBBBE SOOOOCKS?"

(or whatever he shops for there... I have no idea where you or she works)

That was good.
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                          Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                          X