X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong number!!!

I was watching a movie in my bedroom and got this weird text:
    "hey its mom. im alive and i love you. dont text or call back im using a random person's phone"

It was a number from the same area code I live in so I knew it wasn't my mom. I got weirded out and actually called my mom. We get to talking and then I get a phone call from that same number from the text I received earlier.

I told my mom to hold on.

Me: Hello?
    RC-random caller

RC: Darlene, are you there!?

Me: Sorry you have the wrong number.

And then I hung up. And went back to talking to my mom. The number calls me again, I tell the RC AGAIN that she has the wrong number.

The third time I starting have a little fun...

Me: Hola, como estas?

RC: Darlene!?

ME: No. You have the wrong number. Stop calling here please.

RC: Oh.

And I thought that would be the end... NOPE. The fourth time I was getting pissed.

ME: Look, I am NOT Darlene and I have told you many times that you have the wrong number. Stop calling my phone and fuck off!

RC stopped calling. Finally! I know, it was mean but I was getting sooo annoyed.

It was mean, but not getting the hint by the fourth call pretty much merits this.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

You have more patience than I have. A second call from the same voice usually gets swear words - makes 'em listen better than they did for the first call, I guess...
      I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Quoth houdini View Post
        You have more patience than I have. A second call from the same voice usually gets swear words - makes 'em listen better than they did for the first call, I guess...
        I don't get ticked off til the 3rd call. I figure, first call, they hear it's a wrong number, and they assume they dialed wrong. When they get me again on the second call, then they should be able to realize that they have the number written down wrong, and give it up.

Madness takes it's toll....
        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

I had one kind of like that, once, except the caller stopped after the second call. First time, he asks for some girl who was definitely not me. I told him wrong number, he thanked me, and hung up. Second time was far too close to the first for him to have properly checked the number he had, methinks (or he wasn't bothering with the area code, which can be important with cell phones sometimes). I saw that it was the same number that had just called and answered with, "Nope, still a wrong number." The way he apologized and thanked me, it sounded like he was kicking himself for an idiot. Yeah, sir, this is why you don't hit "redial" and expect it to reach someone different. He didn't call back, though.

Every other wrong number has either gotten the clue the first time I answer, or got my voicemail instead and (stupidly) didn't pay attention to the name on the VM message and thus ended up calling several times. Newsflash, banks: If you're calling for Hernando, you just might have the wrong number if the VM message says you've reached Amanda (in a voice with absolutely no trace of Hispanic accent, as well as obviously female). And if you still think he might be giving you his Caucasian girlfriend's number, would you at least listen the first time I call back and tell you that you have the wrong number instead of leaving me twenty more voicemails?
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Sometimes the only thing people understand is mean. I think you were just fine.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
              Sometimes the only thing people understand is mean. I think you were just fine.
              Which is why when I get more than two calls from the same wrong number I get downright NASTY. Some nutzoid was positive I was faking and wouldn't leave me alone so I told them that I now had their number and address and I was going to hunt them down and nail their tongue to the refrigerator door. They didn't call back.

I ain't sorry.
              Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Very weird. And presumably Darlene is out there still thinking her mother is dead? Uh.

Comment

I've done the same thing to idiots who call my cell knowing they've got the wrong number. I'm not above telling them to stick it where the sun don't shine or some other flavor of profanity that suits my fancy at the moment (and it depends on whether or not they've woken me up too). If they don't get the hint the second time around, what they get when they call a third and any other time after that is well deserved.
                  Random conversation:
                  Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                  DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

One thing I've found that works well for wrong numbers to my cell, is by saying, that this is a personal cell phone to a young teenager, or if I know it's a day where I can't pull off my 'sounding young' voice, and the caller is a male, the response is who are you and why are you calling my teenage daughters cell phone?

If the first time telling them it's a wrong number doesn't work, this almost always does. (Especially to guys that sound there about middle age, or to sales calls)

Comment

There's always the old "Let's see how loud & obnoxious a sound we can send to this asshole wrong number caller",favorites include whistles,drums,screaming....
                      "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
                        There's always the old "Let's see how loud & obnoxious a sound we can send to this asshole wrong number caller",favorites include whistles,drums,screaming....
                        Now THAT'S what I'll do next time!

Comment

I've had some wrong number people on my cellphone, and by the 3rd call, I'm ready to cuss the person out. For wrong number text messages, I simply reply, "sorry, wrong number" and it usually stops them.

Now, the landline phone is different because it's one digit off from the security department at the local port. Usually, after the second call when I say, "I'm sorry, this is a private residence" they stop calling. The voicemail says "We're not home right now.." so the port people get that idea that they dialed wrong and don't usually leave a message, but sometimes I do hear sounds from the port on the voicemail. The port people are pretty nice about it, as I've never had anyone act sucky towards me.

Comment

Ever since I received my current number (several months ago) people keep calling for the old owner of the number. No matter what I try, they JUST KEEP CALLING. Wish they would get the hint.
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

When I first got my cellphone, my number was pretty close to the traveler's aid number at the local airport. I got quite a few calls. There was one lady who called my number about three times. She even said, "ARe you sure?" when I said she had the wrong number. Yeah, I don't know when I'm at an airport. Sheesh.

Comment

Working...
                              X