This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Priced Books Attracts Half Priced Idiots

Ok, so visiting xx_wolfie_xx in San Antonio, and we wandered into a Half Priced Books about 45 minutes before they closed. We're browsing, grabbing a book here and there, and then the 15 minute warning sounds over the overhead. Being GOOD and AWARE customers, we make our final picks and head up to the register, right as a page for MOD to the front is being made. We get inline behind this older couple, and wait.

And wait.

And wait, while another page for MOD is made. MOD finally shows up and old man and old woman start in on him. Mostly old man, the woman just stood there with a sour look on her face the entire time.

MOD: Yes, can I help you?
    OM: We are buying over $300 of items.
    MOD: Ok...
    OM: Is there anyway you can give us more of a discount?

At this point, wolfie growls softly and goes "This is a STORE, not a Turkish Bazaar!"

OM: But we are buying $300 worth of stuff!
    MOD: I'm sorry, but I really can't authorize any price changes, unless you are buying any kind of collectible items, then there's room to negotiate slightly. Are there any collectibles?
    OM: No, but there is over $300 worth of material here!
    MOD: Well, do you have an educator's license, we might be able to get you into the system that way, and...
    OM: No. We are buying a large amount of stuff. WE want to get a better discount.

and on and on and on and on. They opened a second register that could take cards only. Realize it was SO close to closing they originally had 1 till open, since there weren't that many people in the store, but the line had 4 or 5 customers behind us. Wolfie and I get the feeling they waited until the last second to pull this shit, in the hopes that the MOD would be all "yeah, sure have a discount, just to get you out of my store". But thankfully MOD stuck to his guns. He even actually tried to help the pompous ass. He did, but no dice.

We finished our transaction and headed out the door and they were STILL at the counter getting rung up, finally. Old woman happened to glance my way, and hey, I'm polite. I smiled at her on my way out and she just had this sour look on her face. Not catbuttface, but more like...stank face, according to wolfie. The face of someone who chronically smells sewage from her own trashy EW sense of self importance.

BONUS: on my way to the greyhound station, I'm standing on the corner right across from it and this guy stumbles up to me.

Him: <looks at my suitcase> Where you goin', lady?
    Me: <Points> to the greyhound station
    Him: But WHERE you going?
    Me: to San Antonio. To visit my boyfriend.
    Him: oh oh, that's niiiiice. You a pretty lady, so that makes sense.
    Me: thanks...have a good weekend.

I THOUGHT I got away clean, no suck, right? He's not a creeper, he just expressed that I was pretty and I moved on...until as I'm across the street, he shouts:

Him: YOU MAKE SURE HE FS YOU HARD YOU SO PRETTY!!
    Last edited by lupo pazzesco; 08-13-2011, 11:33 PM.

Why do you deserve a discount just for spending money? At my company, if you're not a teacher or have a corporate or institutional account, the only way you get a discount just for buying a lot of stuff is if it's a bulk purchase of one title. And the bulk discount doesn't start until you get to 25 copies, I think.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post

that is just so random.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

...at least the last guy was hoping you had a good time? >.>

Comment

Maybe you feel differently, but I've missed your posts, Lupo.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
            ...at least the last guy was hoping you had a good time? >.>
            I mean after that he could have yelled, "PICS or it didn't happen!!!!"
            I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Of course you couldn't have gotten away cleanly.

Comment

Geez, the books were already half price! I wish I could spend $300 on books...

EW's. Hate 'em.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco;
                  Sounds like someone was hoping he'd get a piece of you.
                  Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
                    YOU HARD YOU SO PRETTY!!
                    To the SC's credit, at least he agrees with Wolfie.
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Does this store sell the 6th Harry Potter book? Then you could get a Half Priced Half Blood Prince.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                        Does this store sell the 6th Harry Potter book? Then you could get a Half Priced Half Blood Prince.
                        But the old people would want more off of it. Like half of half priced...

Half, Half Priced Half Blood Prince?

Bad joke, my apologies.
                        There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Working...
                        X