This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The morning's entertainment (long)

Had a coupon for a free slice of pie at Shari's, so Hubs and I decided to grab some breakfast there this morning. The food was great, and we got to watch a drama unfold for free.

We got there. The manager greeted us. He was staring at us and giving us a weird, confused look. I said "Two, please," and he snapped out of his trance and seated us.

There was a guy at the bar area who looked a little...off. Okay, a lot off. He pointed at Hubs and loudly proclaimed "Hey! We're gonna give you a promotion!" He then mumbled some other stuff, too.

Hubs replied "Okay, thanks", and we were seated thankfully out of site from the Crazy Guy (henceforth known as CG), which was good, since CG seemed to really want to talk to Hubs.

We ordered food, I pulled out some flashcards so Hubs could help me study for an upcoming exam, and we were studying when I happened to glance out the window and saw Officer Cutie with CG.

Me: "Hey, look! It's Officer Cutie!"
    Hubs: "That's wrong."
    Me: "What? That I know Officer Cutie's name?"
    Hubs: "It's why you know his name."
    (Officer Cutie is one of the ones who regularly responds when we have to call police at the motel. He's cute and nice. I like working with him. )

Officer Cutie was talking to CG, who was gesturing wildly, telling what I'm sure what a fantastic story. The manager walked out with a slip of paper that looked like a receipt, and the three conversed. Hubby mentioned it could've been a dine-and-dash, hold the dash, and I concurred. CG didn't exactly seem like the type who would have a lot of money, or even a little money. I could also see CG getting in trouble for harassing other patrons.

That suddenly explained the weird looks we got when we entered. Hubs was still in his Security Officer uniform (he'd just gotten off shift), and the manager probably thought at first that Hubs was the police he'd ordered. Sorry to disappoint.

Another cop showed up. Officer Cute went to go play on his little computer while the other one listened to CG, who was deep into a story that I'm sure, in his own little world, was absolutely enthralling. Officer I-don't-know-his-name didn't seemed quite as enthralled, though.

We ate our breakfast, and were waiting on dessert (mmm...free pie for breakfast...) before Officer Cutie was done. He came out and started handing CG some sort of citation. Now, CG seemed fairly happy telling whatever fantastical story he was telling, but when Officer Cutie pulled out those citations, he started to get angry. I thought it was about to hit the fan at that point; CG was pissed.

At this point, Hubs and I are talking about what he's being cited for. I noticed one was most definitely a Notice of Trespass. (What does it say about my work at the motel that I can recognize one from over 30 feet away? Ugh.) One of the waitresses stood by our table, looking out at the police and CG and not hiding the fact at all that she was listening to us talking about the citations and Notice of Trespass, which we were okay with. It was pretty entertaining stuff, after all. The waitress then chuckled and went to confer with her coworkers.

CG then started to stagger back towards the restaurant.

Officer I-don't-know-his-name: "Oh Nononono! You go THAT way!" *both officers pointed to opposite direction* (I did not need to hear them to tell that's what he was saying...it was fairly obvious.)

CG gave the officers the dirtiest look, and then staggered off in the direction indicated by the officers.

Officer Cutie came in and gave the manager the restaurant's copy of the Notice of Trespass. Just as we finished up dessert, they finally left. The waitstaff seemed in good humor about it. They found it more amusing than anything. The manager still seemed a bit upset, but relieved it was over. And CG seems to have been permabanned and trespassed, so if he causes any more trouble they can take him away in handcuffs.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Amazing; wonder what he did to get banned from the place? Another of life's mysteries I suppose.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Oh, Shari's! My sister and her husband introduced me to them when I was out in Portland. I dearly wish we had one nearby, as they got me hooked on the loaded hashbrowns. I get cravings for them now, and can't satisfy them. Sooo good.
      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
        Oh, Shari's!
        Our love/Holds on, holds on!

What??

Comment

Shari's is good. Expensive, but good. Their milkshakes are fantastic!
          Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

wait officer cutie didn't stop over to say hi to you after he was done?

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              wait officer cutie didn't stop over to say hi to you after he was done?
              Of course not, he was doing something......

*dons sunglasses*

Arresting!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                Oh, Shari's! My sister and her husband introduced me to them when I was out in Portland. I dearly wish we had one nearby, as they got me hooked on the loaded hashbrowns. I get cravings for them now, and can't satisfy them. Sooo good.
                Just moved out here, and Shari's is definitely in the top places we like to grab some good grub

Comment

I love Shari's 'cause they're 24 hours. We went there with a group of 15 people at around 1:30AM once for a late night after-after-party. The looks on the faces of the cooks and waitstaff when our group showed up at that hour was one of initial shock and horror! They took it well, though, we apologized for the size of our group, had some nice chats and we tipped close to 30%, so it was all good.

Also...PIE! I'm in their pie-of-the-month club and on their market survey list and I like them on FB, and so I'm always getting coupons for free pie! And I usually redeem those free slices of pie during breakfast time (as I did in the original post...I was having cherry pie a la mode, and yes I was redeeming one of my free slices). Pie for breakfast = WIN!

As for Officer Cutie, while I know him, he doesn't know me that well, so he probably didn't recognize me. If he did, he probably wasn't sure where he knew me from.
                  Last edited by bhskittykatt; 08-19-2011, 02:33 AM.
                  Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                    We ate our breakfast, and were waiting on dessert (mmm...free pie for breakfast...)
                    You shouldn't give away your pie with breakfast... makes you look cheap...

Reference, anyone?
                    Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Working...
                    X