This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Mayo =/= Double Mayo

UnHolyPet's post reminded me of this. It's a sort of self sighting.

B/G Among other things, I'm allergic to Mayo, that horrible gross stuff that every fast food place puts on every burger known to man. B/G

I went to a maccas in Dublin. Ordered my usual McChicken sandwich with no mayo. It should be bun, chicken, lettuce, bun. Comes out with mayo. Yuck. Tell them 'Sorry, can you make it again. I can't have mayo.' Burger comes out with double mayo. Again, 'Can you please make it without mayo? I can't have mayo. I don't mind waiting but it needs to not have mayo on it. I'm allergic to it.'

Burger comes out again. I do a quick check to make sure there is no mayo in the top of the burger. Take a big bite and swallow. Then proceed to do a lemmings 'oh no!'. There was no mayo in the top of the burger where it normally is. It was underneath the chicken. Less than 3 minutes later, before I can even put my book back in my bag, I projectile vomited in the middle of the restaurant. In front of a group of school kids on an excursion.

Maccas coke coming back up is not nice or recommended.

Only good thing was, I didn't get anything on my clothes. The manager was pretty good. Helped get me cleaned up. Gave me back my money and free food vouchers. Also paid for a taxi to take me home.

Apparently, the burger person thought it would be funny to poison me. It was funnier when the manager made them clean up the mess.
    A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I don't see how it's a self-sighting. You made it known that you're allergic, some jackass put it on there anyway, and you got sick from it. Only one at fault here is whoever's idea it was to go ahead and ignore the words 'no mayo'.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

That worker should be sued. Him, personally.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Please please tell me it was just someone being stupid and making a mistake, not intentionally putting mayo on there after you specifically requested no mayo 3 damn times. Mistake shouldn't happen either (not after 3 times!!), but an intentional slathering of mayo should result in a firing. I have no sympathy for someone who'd deliberately put someone's health at risk.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          but an intentional slathering of mayo should result in a firing.
          and assault charges.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
            B/G Among other things, I'm allergic to Mayo, that horrible gross stuff that every fast food place puts on every burger known to man. B/G

Here in the US (where the burger was invented ) you have to ask for mayo 99% of the time if you want it,in fact most burger snobs hate mayo,it's either ketchup,mustard or both.
            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
              Here in the US (where the burger was invented ) you have to ask for mayo 99% of the time if you want it,in fact most burger snobs hate mayo,it's either ketchup,mustard or both.
              I encountered the 1% today, and was totally disgusted. Ate 1 bite, and it was terrible.

I can't stand mayo.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I don't know, it's my experience that 3/4 of every fast food menu comes stock with mayo. Globs and globs of it. And not even real mayo that most people aren't allergic to, no, preservative-laden death mayo substance that tastes like cumbarf.

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  and assault charges.
                  Yeah, that, too.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I like mayo and BBQ sauce. Also, bacon. It's a condiment, I swear.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I don't like a slab of mayo on my burgers and sandwiches, just a sliver is okay for me.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

There is only one mayo and one mayo only.

Dukes.

There can be only one.

If you do not live in a part of the world where you can get this stuff, then I sincerely pity you.

Having said that, you're a better person than I am. I'm allergic to cashews. If someone deliberately tried to fuck with me by slipping cashews into my food, I'd consider it an attempt to do me serious injury and react accordingly.

I really don't understand what is wrong with some people. I have only encountered this once, by someone who got pretty much dogpiled by my friends. I didn't have my food laced, but when we have a pot luck party, word goes out what NOT to bring, as we have several serious allergies in the group and we don't even want the stuff in the kitchen. Someone inexplicably showed up with a collection of potential emergency room visits last party we had. I don't really understand why this person felt the need to do this.

I had something like a dozen people bombard me with warnings about the cashews. It was bizarre. (granted, it's a pretty bad allergy...I can't even touch cashews without getting a rash. So my friends were pretty freaked out by the presence of cashew laced casserole on the table.) Maybe someone was trying to tell me something.
                        Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 08-16-2011, 03:04 AM.

Comment

All these Macca's stories makes me ashamed that I onced worked at one.

Still, thats just lazy. No mayo = no mayo... Not put it on anyway.
                          Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                            Also, bacon. It's a condiment, I swear.
                            "Yes,ArcticChicken & I'll have the bacon burger with more bacon & put some extra bacon on it."
                            "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Hell yeah, bacon is a condiment. Especially with the Dukes.

Comment

Working...
                              X