This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
    . Also, bacon. It's a condiment, I swear.
    Bacon makes everything better. Including, much to my surprise, extra-rich chocolate fudge-peanut butter brownies (they used the bacon grease in lieu of veggie oil, and threw pieces of bacon into the batter and tossed some on top). Found that out a couple of nights ago at a friend's house. They were a little bit undercooked, and methinks that's why I felt "off" the next day...but it was worth it. Someone else brought quad damage brownies (choco fudge made quite rich AND with added choco chunks and bits of hershey bar melted into it), so it was just one of those wonderfully chocolatey nights ^_^

I am waiting on our erstwhile chef to give me the recipe.... >_>
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
      Also, bacon. It's a condiment, I swear.
      What she said.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      There is only one mayo and one mayo only.

Dukes.

There can be only one.
      What SHE said, doubly.

Quoth Frantic Freddie View Post
      "Yes,ArcticChicken & I'll have the bacon burger with more bacon & put some extra bacon on it."
      What HE said and I'll take mine with ketchup to go, please.

Now, what I don't understand is why is there Mayo on a BLT? I order the dressed up Chicken BLT at Cracker Barrel when I'm feeling up to the bread (some days I can't even hack the carbs in my yogurt) and every single bleeding time I get Mayo after stating I do NOT want the bleeding Mayo. There is nothing on the menu about there being friggin' Mayo on the friggin' sammich! I only like Mayo in two things and two things only, and that's Egg Salad and Tuna fish (and I'm a PUREST when it comes to those two, it has Mayo, salt and pepper. Add mustard to colour and taste for the egg salad, but dear dogs, if you add relish to my tuna I will throw a fit).
      Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I hate mayo. I keep forgetting that at Wendy's, they put mayo on the burger and it does NOT work to just wipe it off--then you end up with mayo-soaked bun. Nasty.

The fact that the mayo was put under the chicken sure sounds funny to me. Why the hell would they put it under the chicken if they weren't trying to fuck with you?
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Eisa View Post
          The fact that the mayo was put under the chicken sure sounds funny to me. Why the hell would they put it under the chicken if they weren't trying to fuck with you?
          Pretty much what I was thinking. Some folks don't believe allergies exist, or don't believe people can be allergic to certain foods (quite a few people don't believe that I am truly allergic to bananas, for example). Unfortunately, this idiot thought he'd mess with you by tricking you into eating it. Served him right to have to clean up the ensuing mess; would've served him even more right to lose his job and/or get arrested for assault/battery/food tampering.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Here in the US (where the burger was invented ) you have to ask for mayo 99% of the time if you want it,in fact most burger snobs hate mayo,it's either ketchup,mustard or both.
            I have also found this to be true for some reason. I prefer my burgers with mayo and ketchup (or my dad's home made bbq sauce in place of ketchup). Not really big on mustard.
            My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
            My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
              cumbarf.

I LOVE my aioli, mayo's garlic-laden cousin

Also a bit OT, but I think RW needs to change his tagline to "Purveyor of Bacon"
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

That was Horrible! I'm glad to hear you didn't end up in the hospital....
                Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Comment

Here in the US (where the burger was invented )
                  Actually, the burger was invented in Germany, in the city of Hamburg. (Therefore, Hamburg-er.)It was originally known as "steak in the Hamburg style" and was pounded, not ground. Over time, it changed. Seriously though? Deliberately poisoning a customer with food they are allergic to is a good way to get sued AND arrested, not to mention fired. I am actually rather shocked that the worker got away with it.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                    Also a bit OT, but I think RW needs to change his tagline to "Purveyor of Bacon"
                    Nah: "All your Bacon are belong to ME!"
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

While not allergic to any particular foodstuffs, I am a very picky eater and tend to be extremely specific when ordering food. My luck in this matter improved vastly when I discovered that my local 'Soverign of Burgers' sold a bacon double cheeseburger which, by default, is just bun, meat cheese and tasty, tasty bacon.
                      They've become my favourite 'delicious, but oh so bad for me' restaurant even though I still prefer the fries at 'Golden Arches'.
                      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        Bacon makes everything better.
                        QFT. I love bacon and chocolate, it's one of the most amazing flavor combinations. I'm (purely in my head, right now) working on a recipe for maple bacon chocolate chip cookies. I need to do some experimenting with maple syrup and sugar to see how well the flavor carries over to baked things.
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          Please please tell me it was just someone being stupid and making a mistake, not intentionally putting mayo on there after you specifically requested no mayo 3 damn times. Mistake shouldn't happen either (not after 3 times!!), but an intentional slathering of mayo should result in a firing. I have no sympathy for someone who'd deliberately put someone's health at risk.
                          doesn't matter if it's intentional or not... they were told three times and were told "i'm allergic" ... at that point they don't deserve their job if they can't fucking listen to "this product may kill me"

Comment

^ Agreed. It sounds like it was deliberate to me, and that is what would have assumed if I had been in the OP's position, but even if the mayo had been on the top of the burger on the third time, that shows incompetence. This shows spite.

Comment

Yeah... if it was on top like the other 2 times it would be sheer idiocy. UNDER the burger? That shows intent to me.

I didn't realize someone could be allergic to mayo. But still, if someone told me they were, I wouldn't "test" it by putting it on their food!

Comment

One of my best friends is allergic to the yellows in eggs (due to sulphur). He can't eat mayo without serious stomach issues.

As for the employee "getting away with it"? How do we know that? The manager made the employee come clean up the mess. How do we know he wasn't fired afterwards? If I was the manager, I certainly wouldn't tell him he's fired BEFORE he cleaned up the mess his actions caused!

Comment

Working...
                                X