X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha good point XD

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
      My luck in this matter improved vastly when I discovered that my local 'Soverign of Burgers' sold a bacon double cheeseburger which, by default, is just bun, meat cheese and tasty, tasty bacon. .
      This may or may not be the burger you mean, but they also do the stackers that come in single/double/triple -- they're done as burger/cheese/bacon/sauce...And I have yet to have them fook up the request of "no sauce, add ___".

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
      I'm (purely in my head, right now) working on a recipe for maple bacon chocolate chip cookies.
      My friend who made the bacon brownies has promised me a recipe, and she even talked about maple bacon brownies the other night. Hungry minds think alike ^_^
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
        How do we know he wasn't fired afterwards?
        That's true, we don't. But having worked fast food and putting up with the buddy system, I realize that what I think should happen doesn't mean it's what will happen. Which is why I would call the toll free corporate number and complain up a storm. Unless that manager was one of the head managers, he probably didn't have the authority to fire anyone. And unless someone told the head manager just how dangerous this idiot's actions were and just how liable the store would be, I seriously doubt anything would be done.

Simple complaints can be handled by lower level workers and managers. Policy changes generally require corporate/owner's involvement. Just my two cents.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          Also a bit OT, but I think RW needs to change his tagline to "Purveyor of Bacon"
          What a SPLENDID idear!

*Changes it*
          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Recipe for peanut butter chocolate bacon cookie bar brownie...things, courtesy of my friend Brandalyn
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

I remember reading a story years ago about a coworker who switched a diabetic coworker's diet soda with regular, because she didn't believe diabetic coworker really had a medical issue and 'wanted to see what would happen' Everybody was encouraging diabetic coworker to file charges.

I can't believe someone would deliberately do that! Hope you're ok now.
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                Hell yeah, bacon is a condiment. Especially with the Dukes.
                Never had Dukes before (I'm a Floridian in New York) but for mayo SO and MIL like Hellmans....Miracle Whip to them is shitty mayo.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I spent most of the night hugging the ceramics. Really not fun. But it is one of my normal allergic reactions.

When I called the store the next day, the Manager that helped me said that the burger maker was fired after he cleaned up the mess. The other burger maker that apparently encouraged him was told to finish their shift and not come back. I was also told both were on their final warnings for pulling similar shit.

I was considering going further, but I was only going to be in Dublin for another 2 months. This happened in the middle of the GFC, when not even fast food places were hiring.

I'm allergic to a really loooooooong list of additives and preservatives. Most of which are found in sauces and dressings. But mayo is gross anyway, even without the extra stuff.

There is no such thing as too much bacon. (starts drooling)
                  A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                    When I called the store the next day, the Manager that helped me said that the burger maker was fired after he cleaned up the mess. The other burger maker that apparently encouraged him was told to finish their shift and not come back. I was also told both were on their final warnings for pulling similar shit.
                    They've had multiple warnings and still didn't learn their lesson? Not exactly the sharpest swords in the armory, these two. I expect to hear of them trying something similar somewhere else and ending up in jail. Bloody idiots, I hope they never have kids to pass their stupid genes on.

Sorry you had such a rough time. Glad it didn't end up worse (i.e., hospitalization).
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

QFT. I love bacon and chocolate, it's one of the most amazing flavor combinations. I'm (purely in my head, right now) working on a recipe for maple bacon chocolate chip cookies. I need to do some experimenting with maple syrup and sugar to see how well the flavor carries over to baked things.
                      I have found that when making baking you can use maple sugar as if it was light brown sugar and it is delicious. Maple syrup seems to be better suited for sauces.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                        Never had Dukes before (I'm a Floridian in New York) but for mayo SO and MIL like Hellmans....Miracle Whip to them is shitty mayo.
                        Miracle Whip is shitty, certainly, but I refuse to concede that it's mayo.
                        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

You mean Mackerel Whop s'led dressing don't you? Just the thing for greasing your runnies.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

It's not! It's shitty...I dunno, shit. But mayo it is not. You notice it's not called Miracle Mayonnaise. No, MIRACLE mayonnaise is called by it's more common name, Duke's Mayonnaise.

Here's a converstation I had a with a friend's dad just last week:

Friend's Dad (rumaging through her refrigerator, where I know she's got, no lie, a gallon jar of Duke's in there.) Screw it, you ain't got no mayo anyways.

Me: She's got a gallon of Duke's in there.

FD: That ain't mayo. I'll tell you what's mayo...

Me: If you say Miracle Whip, I will laugh in your face.

FD: Start laughing, sister.

Friend: HA! See, dad, I told you Miracle Whip is shit.

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                              Miracle Whip to them is shitty mayo.
                              *hiss* There's no need to use the MW word >_> That stuff isn't even close to mayo.

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                              ' Everybody was encouraging diabetic coworker to file charges.
                              I don't suppose she did...? It doesn't matter if the co-irker didn't "believe" the diabetic, it's none of their concern! More to the point, that C-iW could easily have put the diabetic into the hospital!

Comment

Oh, lookie here, y'all, you can order it from Amazon. It's even eligible for Prime, too. So those of you in places bereft of decent condiments can partake in the glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X