This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    Oh, lookie here, y'all, you can order it from Amazon. It's even eligible for Prime, too. So those of you in places bereft of decent condiments can partake in the glory.
    I just read the ingredients to my husband. "Soybean oil, eggs, water, distilled and cider vinegar, salt, oleoresin paprika, natural flavors, calcium disodium EDTA added to protect flavor."

Basically just oil, eggs, water, cider vinigar, salt, & paprika. That's good food.

Comment

Yeah, baby. No sugar, no corn syrup. This stuff has no disgusting sweet taste. It's rich, and it's savory and it goes with everything. Including bacon. ESPECIALLY bacon.

I see Duke's makes a light mayo with corn syrup. If you're buying "light mayo" you deserve corn syrup. And a kick right in the balls. I guess they invented that on a slow April Fools day.

What is that Miracle Whip shit? Salad dressing? Who the Sam Hill uses it for salad dressing? I wouldn't use Miracle Whip to grease a hinge on a chicken coop door. I'd use actual chicken shit itself before I'd use that.

As someone who loves to cook, you cannot make good food out of crap ingredients.

Comment

For post number 10,000, I thought I'd share with you all the ugly truth about Miracle Whip.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Thanks, Irv. After wiping the chewed watermelon off my laptop screen, I sent that link on to my friend's father.

Comment

I guess I'll just have to offer up a big ol' to all of you. I'm definitely a Miracle Whip girl.

But no, it's not mayo. That I'll agree with.

And then there's Hubby, who prefers his sandwiches with maybe some mustard and that's it. Go figure.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Wasabi or Horseradish mayo, nom nom nom.

And OP, I hope you're finally feeling better.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

This is a little OT, but my favorite condiment to make is definitely tzatziki sauce. I prefer it to mayo any day on.. eeeeverything. Strained greek yogurt, grated cucumbers, lemon juice, salt, garlic, pepper, dill. I add more cucumbers than normal so it has more of a green tint cause I love the cool flavor. Give it a try on a burger sometime, it's amazing.

Also, a good delicious thing to add to a sandwich to give it moisture and delicious flavor is simple pesto!

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                  Strained greek yogurt, grated cucumbers, lemon juice, salt, garlic, pepper, dill. I add more cucumbers than normal so it has more of a green tint cause I love the cool flavor. Give it a try on a burger sometime, it's amazing.
                  I prefer mine with mint, instead of dill.

Speaking of pesto, this is a fantastic pesto cream sauce
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                    I prefer mine with mint, instead of dill.

Speaking of pesto, this is a fantastic pesto cream sauce
                    Yum! Thanks for the link I'll have to make that sometime. I like it with mint as well, but I'm a total sucker for fresh dill

Comment

The worker who put mayo on your food should be brought up on charges!

We found out the hard way that my daughter is allergic to Mango. Luckily I got Benadryl in her in time.

I have to take her for a physical so I'm going to ask about getting an epi pen for her just in case some asshole decides she is just making it up and slips Mango in her food or drink.
                      Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Well, fortunately, mango should not be the hard to avoid. Cashews aren't all that hard to avoid, either, so it's not like a peanut allergy. Do have to be vigilant.

I understand a mango allergy is sort of related to a cashew allergy, but I don't SEEM to have a problem with mango at this point. You might want to be aware that your daughter might be sensitive to cashews, though.

I don't know how sensitive your daughter is, but I know I can't even touch cashews. I'll get a rash just like poison ivy. That's why I don't allow them in my house or car, and my friends just have a blanket rule at parties (I didn't insist on this, they did. Just want to be clear on that. I don't much like the "Oh, Kink is real bad allergic, you can't have that here" thing, but I understand why they do it. )

So just be aware the mango thing might be pretty severe. Or not. Just heads up.

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                          When I called the store the next day, the Manager that helped me said that the burger maker was fired after he cleaned up the mess. The other burger maker that apparently encouraged him was told to finish their shift and not come back.
                          I was right! >.>

Glad you're feeling better at least. And glad those two were fired.

Comment

RecoveringKinkoid thank you, I will ask her doctor about her possibly also being allergic to cashews.

I think cashews are disgusting so she doesn't come in contact with them in the house.
                            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Dad used to like butter as his preferred form of sandwich lube.

I looked at the Duke's on 'zon and though "thirteen bucks for mayo?!" Then I noticed the little thing that said "4 pack"...so uh yeah :blush: I'm used to Hellman's or BluePlate -- tho I have not seen old-style hellman's in years (it used to have more of a "curdled" look to it with a much more prominent lemon flavor, mmmmmm...

edit: I know it's Amazon, but I noticed their "X new from $___!" thing and thought, I really hope they don't get any used ones in >_>

Gratz on 10 K dude!
                              Last edited by EricKei; 08-19-2011, 01:11 AM.
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                                I spent most of the night hugging the ceramics. Really not fun. But it is one of my normal allergic reactions.

When I called the store the next day, the Manager that helped me said that the burger maker was fired after he cleaned up the mess. The other burger maker that apparently encouraged him was told to finish their shift and not come back. I was also told both were on their final warnings for pulling similar shit.

I was considering going further, but I was only going to be in Dublin for another 2 months. This happened in the middle of the GFC, when not even fast food places were hiring.

I don't blame you on considering going further because of what happened to you but I'm glad the manager fired those two for what they did to you.

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                                I remember reading a story years ago about a coworker who switched a diabetic coworker's diet soda with regular, because she didn't believe diabetic coworker really had a medical issue and 'wanted to see what would happen' Everybody was encouraging diabetic coworker to file charges.

I can't believe someone would deliberately do that! Hope you're ok now.
                                I can't believe somebody would do something like that for shits and giggles! I hope that jackass got a good ass kicking for that and that the diabetic co-worker did file charges to that moron.
                                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                                X