Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You do NOT EVER fuck with someone who has allergies! Mike and I.V. are lactose intolerant, Mike can't eat any seafood, my friend C.J. can't eat nuts or nut products, and Mama Valentine can't have citrus-y foods. They have had people not believe them before and try to mess with them, the one time it led to I.V. punching his brother in the face. It doesn't matter who you are, it doesn't matter who they are, you NEVER fuck with someone who has allergies. I'm glad the guys that delt with your food got fired.
    ......../\
    ....../__\
    ..../\...../\
    ../__\../__\

Comment

Let's see, my FIL got punched by my husband when he tried to "prove I wasn't allergic to citrus." I don't really remember what happened, other than hubby force feeding my benadryl and making me lay down at an angle so my lungs would stay clear. FIL then decided that we couldn't get a vehicle for me to go to the ER if I needed to, luckily I didn't.
      I ended up almost getting my former boss fired for making me clean up cinnamon sugar because he didn't believe me (or check my employee record) when I said I was allergic. He got chewed out by hubby and I got a lovely week off from work to recover and get my voice back.
      Some people never learn, they get vomited on (or worse sometimes!) and they still won't get it. Allergies are serious business.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
      http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        I remember reading a story years ago about a coworker who switched a diabetic coworker's diet soda with regular, because she didn't believe diabetic coworker really had a medical issue and 'wanted to see what would happen' Everybody was encouraging diabetic coworker to file charges.

I can't believe someone would deliberately do that! Hope you're ok now.

Erm...if it's this story, that poster was outed as a lying troll.

On the other hand, I wouldn't really be that surprised if someone DID actually try to do that. -sighs-

I'm glad those idiots were fired! Sorry you got sick, though.
        "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
        "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
        Amayis is my wifey

Comment

I would not be surprised if someone had done the 'switch the food' thing to an allergy sufferer.

I am allergic to a couple of flowers. Three are most often used as the base notes in perfume. I used to have to hold my nose and run through the perfume areas in department stores. High school was a nightmare when my classmates discovered perfume and body sprays. And telling them it was making me sick, made them spray even more.

I have also had people deliberately blow cigarette smoke in my face after telling them that I gives me migraines. Let's here it for the no smoking in pubs and clubs laws.
          A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

CK One perfume makes my mother have something like an asthma attack, and my throat tighten up. When I was in middle school on a field trip to DC, someone sprayed it on the bus we were on. (It was extremely popular at the time, since it had just come out.) It was our first encounter with it, so Mom was willing to let it pass and have the windows open on the bus for a while. But later that same trip, the same girl sprayed it again! I don't know who was angrier, Mom or the teachers.
            It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              I remember reading a story years ago about a coworker who switched a diabetic coworker's diet soda with regular, because she didn't believe diabetic coworker really had a medical issue and 'wanted to see what would happen' Everybody was encouraging diabetic coworker to file charges.

I can't believe someone would deliberately do that! Hope you're ok now.
              Few years ago, a young thug walked up to a woman walking down the street and shot her in the back of the head. His excuse was he wondered what it would be like to kill someone. Some people are just wrong in the head and on top of no common sense are missing a moral compass too.
              I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                tastes like cumbarf.
                That is one of the most eloquent phrases I've ever had the pleasure to read.

I must use it in the near future.

Rapscallion

Comment

I just found out that my local WD carries Duke's, so I picked one up, and it shall be next in the queue when I run out of the (already-opened) jar of Hellman's ^_^ I guess I could have waited for a sale ($4.79 is a bit O_O for mayo 'round these parts), but I knew I would forget if I didn't go ahead and snag it, lol
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

My mouth orgasms at the taste of peanut butter and bacon sandwiches, and the combo of salty popcorn and chocolate.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                      There is no such thing as too much bacon. (starts drooling)
                      Scene: at a scalehouse.
                      Steer axle: 11,800 pounds
                      Drives: 36,200 pounds
                      Trailer tandems: 35,700 pounds
                      Gross: 83,700 pounds

Result: "Park it and bring in your paperwork.
                      At the desk: "Here's your ticket, and you'll need to get another truck sent to offload some of your cargo. According to your manifest, you're carrying bacon."

Looks like someone has too much bacon.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      I don't know how sensitive your daughter is, but I know I can't even touch cashews. I'll get a rash just like poison ivy.
                      Not surprising, because cashews are related to poison ivy.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        My mouth orgasms at the taste of peanut butter and bacon sandwiches, and the combo of salty popcorn and chocolate.
                        Would this be a bad time to mention the tasty white chocolate popcorn the scouts sell on their popcorn drive?
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth blas
                          When I made the comment that I dipped popcorn in chocolate pudding and it was delicious I got several 'Are you preggers?' comments. I usually like to eat something salty after I've had some chocolate. It's amazing.
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                            When I made the comment that I dipped popcorn in chocolate pudding and it was delicious I got several 'Are you preggers?' comments.
                            Could be worse.

You could be MALE and like pickles and ice creme in the same bowl.

(Honorary) Wife's been deceased since 2004, it's not "sympathy cravings".
                            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Blue Ginger View Post
                              B/G Among other things, I'm allergic to Mayo, that horrible gross stuff that every fast food place puts on every burger known to man.
                              While I'm not allergic, I find the stuff pretty disgusting. I've had two incidents with places that didn't seem to understand what "no mayo" meant.

The first was when I was little, and my family went to Friendly's. I ordered a hamburger with ketchup only, like I've always done and still do. Sometime afterwards, the waiter came back and told me that they had made a mistake and put mayo on my burger and asked if that would be OK. I told him no, it would not, because I can't stand the stuff.

A few minutes later, our food came, and it was obvious they had just given me the same burger than someone had done a half-assed job of wiping the mayo off of. My parents told me, "Tell them to make you a new burger then." I did just that, but I'm sure the cook wasn't too happy. Oh well, he's the one who screwed up the order.

The second was just a couple years ago at Arby's. They have a chicken cordon blue sandwich that's apparently a limited item. It come with swiss cheese, ham, and mayo. I always order it without mayo. One time I brought it back to my seat without checking it (normally I check these things, but that one time...), and later found out it had mayo on it. When I brought it back, the person at the counter tried to argue with me, saying that was just the cheese. I know the difference between cheese and mayo, and it didn't look or smell like cheese. Eventually, they made me a new sandwich but they didn't seem too happy.
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post

Not surprising, because cashews are related to poison ivy.
                                Yep! That's right! People are baffled by my "nut" allergy because they can't understand why I can eat other nuts. It's because I don't have a nut allergy. I have a Rhus allergy.

Comment

Working...
                                X