This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grocery store huh

So yesterday my husband and I were at Winne Dixie and going through the checkout line. I moved around the side of the buggy, and the bagger looks at me and says she forgot her key and walks away, then starts to work at another till.

Apparently, because I moved around the buggy, she decided that she didn't have to bag our stuff anymore because I would do it.

Wth?

I'd talk to a manager.

Comment

I have no problem bagging my own stuff, except when it's implied the employee does it for you. I recently went to a store and told the cashier I had a tote bag, while setting it beside my merchandise and within the cashier's reach. She rings everything up, sets things on the counter between us, and then just stares at me. It took a few moments, but I realized she expected me to bag everything myself. Mind you, this is not a self-service store. So while I'm silently stewing and quickly shoving things into my bag, the cashier is reaching around my head for the next customer's merchandise, taking their payment over my shoulder, etc. And yes, I did send an email complaining. Talk about making me feel like they didn't want me there.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Wow bainsidhe. Yeah, what a wench that woman was to you.

I have no problem bagging my stuff, I just thought it was rude for her to walk away in the middle of doing it for me.

Comment

There are some grocery stores where they have those carousels and the cashier has to bag. If I'm at a store where they still have the traditional layout and no bagger, I will often bag groceries myself. I don't mind so much.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
            I have no problem bagging my stuff, I just thought it was rude for her to walk away in the middle of doing it for me.
            Oh absolutely, and sorry if I threadjacked. Most all of us are completely capable of bagging our own items. But when it's expected someone else and bag and we're given the brushoff or ignored, it's pretty darn rude.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
            X