Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You don't want to drive in this... why should they?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You don't want to drive in this... why should they?

Shortish sighting. My town is currently in a cold snap. An abnormal cold snap. As in... we have SNOW. Inches of the stuff. Last time this happened? 40 years ago. I had a snow fight the other morning at the train station. But the road adivisory is - Dont travel, go home, keep off roads unless neccessary

So I ventured to the pizza store before going home (nothing in the pantry, cheap pizza night). I wasn't enjoying driving in this weather, but I was sensible (barring the fact I didn't go straight home ) - Slow acceleration, gentle braking etc.

Was waiting for my pizza-ry goodness to bake and they had a phone call.

PG - Pizza Guy
    Caller - I couldn't actually hear them, so I'll add my own dialouge, but what PG said made it clear.

PG - "Sorry we aren't delivering tonight, its pickup only."
    Caller - "I am the very model of a modern major general"
    PG - "No we aren't delivering tonight."
    Caller - "This parrot, IS NO MORE."
    PG - "Because is snowing, and not safe for our drivers."
    Caller - "Cake or death!"
    PG - "Good bye."

I looked at PG and said "Didn't like that did they?" he grinned and shook his head no. When I decided to get Pizza, I also knew I wouldn't DREAM of demanding them deliver. As I left I told the girl I was finishing the transaction with I hope they all got home safely.
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

what part of the world are you in that it's snowing this time of year yet is a rare event?
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
      what part of the world are you in that it's snowing this time of year yet is a rare event?
      Directly above the centre of the earth, southern haminsphere, I suspect.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

TelecomGoddess -
        Bottom of the North Island, New Zealand.
        It is winter by all means, but we had settled snow, AT SEA LEVEL, here. Blimmin inch or two on my car when I got home.
        Lemme see if I can get pics up.
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

now granted i've ordered pizza because of shitty weather... but i also tipped well for the same reasons too.

Comment

I'm with Pepperelf - I've ordered delivery at the start of a bad snow storm (city almost completely shut down for days). Made sure they were offering delivery first and tipped a 20 for their trouble.

Always had piping hot pizza from them after that!

Comment

wow. i didnt tip *that* much but i did try to overtip at least.
              although then again we weren't shut down either... just the first snow fall in the area etc.

Comment

Yeah - we knew that we were in for it and I ordered multiple pizzas and such. Good thing too - didn't get out of the driveway for about 4 days.

Comment

Working...
                X