This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always ask for proper ID.... (longgg)

My brothers wife T, works for a weight loss company whose offices reside in a shopping center with lots of other shops.

They had a "Verizon" guy in working on the fax lines, as the office just opened a week before this incident. All was well and good. "Verizon" guy went and was working on the adjacent H&R block on the pretense of running the weight loss centers fax line.

On a bright and early saturday morning, T and another coworker arrive to open the store. The lights are in the back, down a long hallway in the storeroom. T and her CW walk down together to the back. T passes her office and notices it looks odd but she keeps walking to the back. Lights come on and both girls go to their offices. T get startled. She walks into her office and realizes shes looking into the H&R block next to them. There is a huge hole in the wall, and footprints all over her desk. T calls for her coworker and tells her they need to leave now. CW sees the hole and trys to play detective, T promptly drags her out of the store. And yells at CW outside while she calls the cops.**

The cops come by, more CWS show and and theres a crowd outside. Some investigations takes place and videos are reviewed and apparently heres what happened.

Someone broke into H&R block through the back door, broke through the wall into the weight loss center, then went to the back of the weight loss center and broke through the next wall...into a mobile phone store....and emptied out the stock of new phones....they then came the way they left. On review of tape, its the "Verizon" guy that had been there a few days earlier; everyone had recognized him.

Police take statements, things get repaired etc.

The next week a ventilation guy comes in to the weightloss center and asks to check their ducts or something. He's asked to provide ID, work order, a business card if he has one and his bosses name. This is now standard for any outside worker that now comes to the center. The vent guy gets kinda pissy but goes to his van and gets the proper paperwork, they make copies of everything and he does his business.

Vent guy goes to the GameStop a few doors down to check their ducts and says "God, those girls at the weight loss center are all being bitches, asking me for shit they dont need". Gamestop employee "Oh that sucks...by the way, can I see your ID, work order and have your bosses name?"

Its now standard for all stores along their side of the shopping center to ask for ID and etc. She said more than one person has gotten pissed off, but usually shut up and show the necessary paperwork.

**T yelled at her coworker b/c she didnt know if there was someone still in the store. Obviously, this did not cross her CWs mind.

T is a smart cookie. She did everything right. She kept CW from messing up the seen and kept her safe.
    "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

and hopefully the duct guy realizes there's a specific reason WHY he's being asked to show his ID.
      especially after the second store asks him for the same info

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        and hopefully the duct guy realizes there's a specific reason WHY he's being asked to show his ID.
        especially after the second store asks him for the same info
        Well the weight loss center told him theyd been robbed so now it was going to be standard practice. I just thought it was funny that when T saw a GameStop employee at the nearby Walmart that he told her what Vent guy said and they both laughed.

Comment

Working...
        X