Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the used electric razor from Wal-mart goes to......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the used electric razor from Wal-mart goes to......

ME!

We live in a tiny town, our nearest town with more than 10,000 people is over two hours drive away, 4 hour ($30 gas) round trip so we only go for supplies once a month. This town has a wal-mart and the supermarkets are 20-30% cheaper than where we live so it makes it worth it.

We got an electric razor today, the box was sealed, had a security tag, cost us $150. It was used. The stand and accesories were covered in wiskers and...goo of somekind. Now we get to go ALLLLLLL the way back and spend another $30 in gas an another 4 hours to return this piece of junk. FUN Normally because it is so far away we check everything out in the parking lot throughly before leaving but stupid us thinking that a sealed electric razor in a box with a security tag on it would be brand new!

When we called it in the manager said there was "no possible way" it was used. Thankfully the BF's beard is a good 1/2 inch long and is blonde, the hair on this thing is black.

Yet another reason I can't wait to get out of this god forsaken place!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Well the good news is WM has I think a 90-day return window, so you can wait for the next month to return the razor if you want. Still a sucky situation though, ew.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I can't say I'm surprised. I know at the WM I worked at the women up front were notorious for taking back anything. In one day I found an empty container of face cream, a used dog shaving kit, and a half empty bottle of shampoo that they had taken as a return and put into the basket to be put out on the shelves.
      Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Once here, at mine, they returned a computer. The problem was, someone had taken a years old computer, stuck it in the newly purchased computer's box, and returned the old computer instead of the new one.

Since then, the girls at the service desk have become much, much more cautious.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

My sister told me she found a pair of men's sneakers covered in mud, in the returns basket.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I will admit to returning a used baby swing to WM when my son was about 5 months old and had outgrown it. In my defense, we were so broke that we were doing that for the store credit for necessities (I think it became $20 worth of diapers and toilet paper) and it wasn't badly used. We had cleaned it up and everything.

But I would never return something destroyed/unusable/gross like that. Ew.

Comment

Quoth Cai1987 View Post
              I will admit to returning a used baby swing to WM when my son was about 5 months old and had outgrown it. In my defense, we were so broke that we were doing that for the store credit for necessities (I think it became $20 worth of diapers and toilet paper) and it wasn't badly used. We had cleaned it up and everything.

But I would never return something destroyed/unusable/gross like that. Ew.
              I don't have a problem with people returning things, I do have a HUGE problem with wal-mart reselling those things as brand new.
              We took it back and showed the manager and his responce was "ewww". When I asked about their policies on checking personal hygeine items before returning them to the shelves to sell brand new he stuttered that this was human error and wouldn't happen again.

yeah right buddy
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Reminds me of the time we took back a urine drug test. Bix looked sealed, some guy bought it and came back, pissed (heh) because it was already used.
                Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

I bought a breast pump (not at Walmart), opened it to wash it and realized it was used. That is some serious ewwww. I took it back and picked out a much nicer one that was twice the price to exchange it. The checker refused to take it back. The manager was called, and approved the exchange in 30 seconds.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                  X