This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your home look like that?

At restaurants, I have seen my share of disgusting things you would think people do not do at home. For example, at a local McDonald's, I witnessed this old man eating by himself, and when he finished, he just got up and walked out without dumping his tray or the trash left on it. I've been eating at McDonald's for all of my life and not once have I seen employees that take your trash away. You have to dump it in the trash bins near the exits, unless it's a fancy one like that one in New York.

Or, how about people that use the restrooms and just wash their hands and fling the water everywhere, or the ones who use a paper towel and just drop them to the floor instead of depositing them in the trash cans? It makes you wonder if these people also have the same decorations in their homes. Ech!

In places like Red Lobster and Cracker Barrel, they have employees who will clean up the table after you leave. But in practically every fast food restaurant I've eaten in, it's the customer's responsibility to clean up after themselves.

Quoth greensinestro View Post
    You have to dump it in the trash bins near the exits, unless it's a fancy one like that one in New York.
    We have a fancy one? I've never been to it, even that giant one in Times Square which was new 4 or 5 years ago doesn't have staff to dump your garbage for you.

Comment

Quoth ds_36 View Post
      We have a fancy one? I've never been to it, even that giant one in Times Square which was new 4 or 5 years ago doesn't have staff to dump your garbage for you.
      I'm really not sure on that one. I just figured I should add that line in case some smarty decided to correct me on that statement.

Comment

There's a McD in New York, on Long Island that looks like a fancy bank. My father used to to take my aunt there every so often. It was about a 20 mile drive, but it doesn't look like the regular McD at all. Maybe THEY have table service.

For any of you Noo Yawkers out there, it's on Hempstead Turnpike someplace. Not too far from Belmont Racetrack.

Susan

Comment

... at a local McDonald's, I witnessed this old man eating by himself, and when he finished, he just got up and walked out without dumping his tray or the trash left on it.
          So many people now feel they have to be given "respect", and part of that "respect" is that they should be waited on by everyone else. They therefore refuse to clean up after themselves or do anything a "manual laborer" might be called upon to do.

"Someone is paid to do that" is their mantra.

My roommate in college refused to bus his tray at meals claiming it was beneath him and that he had bought a meal plan, so someone should do it for him. He was not alone in his snobbish attitude, sadly.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Sadly, some people's homes DO look like that. Some people are unbelievably lazy.
            You'd be amazed at the number of people who live in their own filth.
            Then again, this guy may have just been a jerk.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Hey! I work at Maccas and we have a full-time guy on weekdays and a part-time woman on weekends who ONLY keep the dining area clean. That's it. And the guy's on vacation for a few weeks so guess who got three of his shifts this week? And I do a damn good job of it too!

Smaller ones just sent out a random person to clean every now and then. But bigger ones (ours is two levels) have people who do that.
              Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
              Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
              <3 Arrested Development

Comment

When I was a kid and working at Dairy Queen, we had to clear a lot of peoples tables after they left. It was mostly me doing it, not 'cuz I was the noob, but because I didn't really like being at the counter so much. First job + mean customers = not so much fun

Comment

What's funny is my apartment does sometimes look like that, as I am lazy and don't mind small messes, but I never act that way in a fast food joint. I can clean up after myself, I'm a grown up with manners, thank you.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

If the food comes in disposable containers, and there are garbage cans with tray stacking areas on top of them, I assume that I'm supposed to bus my own table.

In Canada, we have Tim Horton's restaurants. It's technically fast food, but if you want to eat in they'll put your food in real dishes. Often, you'll see people taking their trays and dishes back to the counter and putting them on top of the sneeze shield over the sandwich assembly area. I'll do that unless it's too crowded to get back up there, in which case I'll leave it on my table because there's really no other place to put it.

At the IKEA cafeteria, they give you real dishes but they also provide a drop-off area. You're supposed to slide your tray and dishes into the slot on the wheely shelf unit when you're done, so that the employee just has to wheel it back to the kitchen when it's full of dirty dishes.

I don't think it's too much to ask that people use their powers of observation to determine which method is expected.

Comment

When Wendy's first opened here they had the garbage cans hidden away were you couldn't get to them so you couldn't bus your own table. Now they have them in the open. It just felt to weird leaving the crap on the table.
                      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                        What's funny is my apartment does sometimes look like that, as I am lazy and don't mind small messes, but I never act that way in a fast food joint. I can clean up after myself, I'm a grown up with manners, thank you.
                        Same here. And it's not so much that I'm lazy (although I have my moments) as that the man of the household has this thing against cleaning up after himself. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In places like Red Lobster and Cracker Barrel, they have employees who will clean up the table after you leave.
                          And honestly, in those places, when servers bus their own tables it's never enjoyable anyway. It's great to have bussers, but sometimes you gotta suck it up and do it. It's disgusting what some people leave for you to pick up in a restaurant, I would hate to think what you might find in a fast food joint.
                          I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                          "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth vloglady View Post
                            There's a McD in New York, on Long Island that looks like a fancy bank. My father used to to take my aunt there every so often. It was about a 20 mile drive, but it doesn't look like the regular McD at all. Maybe THEY have table service.

For any of you Noo Yawkers out there, it's on Hempstead Turnpike someplace. Not too far from Belmont Racetrack.
                            Nope, sorry to disappoint you guys, but I grew up in that area and have been to that one a few times. The exterior is beautiful, but the interior looks, as much as possible in terms of furniture and stuff, just like a regular McDs, especially by the food service area. No table service at all. But it does have very slightly nicer bathrooms.

Comment

I've been to places like Fatburger that bus the tables for you, but that is few and far between for a fast-food type of place.

Comment

Working...
                              X