This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Three employees not doing ANYTHING!!!!!!"

That's pretty much the attitude of the people ahead of me in line.

I had 4 hours to kill from the end of the meeting to the start of my shift (um, thanks...) so I walked around the outside of the mall (drat not open) and then went to Steak & Shake for a late break... well lunch, cos by the time I got seated they'd dropped the breakfast items. ... o well, the lunch menu is good too.

Now granted I had a lot more patience than the others cos I had a lot of time to kill - by the time I was seated I still had 3 hours left.

But the wait was still pretty long.

The couple ahead of me started acting like bitchy SCs. They saw 3 employees standing near each other getting things ready and started complaining...

(paraphrased mostly but you know how it goes)

Jerks: Look! There's 3 employees just TALKING and not serving anyone! OMG they're chatting and not serving us!

In reality - it was OBVIOUS the employees WERE working. One was filling coffee, the others looked like they were conducting work-talk. As in coordinating duties.

But O MY GOD. They weren't running around franticly so the jerkcockwallet couple decided they weren't working.

On the bright side they left which meant...
    1) everyone else behind them got served just a little sooner
    2) I didn't have to hear them whine anymore.

I also let one woman ahead of me cos... she had kids. Really young kids and my belly can wait a lot longer than a 4 year old's can.

and i had a book to read.

My 2nd boss shops at my store sometimes and one day at her store I came in for my shift and she appeared to be teasing me, but I know better, "I was in your store and you were just chatting with the girl behind the service desk, and I thought, 'Oh, yeah, that's typical FL'". OK, why she had to say that at all, esp in front of everyone else, I don't know. It wasn't typical; at her store the complaint was I was too quiet, like I was mad. And if she was in my other job, and I was chatting with my cw, it was probably A) I was waiting for or dropping off keys to a sup or B) I was awaiting a manager to assign me somewhere. Thanks for assuming and then calling me out on that assumption at my other job.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      jerkcockwallet
      I am hereby adopting that word

At the game store I was regularly bitched at for "standing around" (I have a printout in my hand and am pulling items from the shelf) or "slacking off" in the office (doing product research).

By the boss, no less...I still maintain that I knew my job better than he did.
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

It's pretty much common knowledge if you don't drop everything to help some customers you're lazy, standing around talking, and not doing anything. Never mind the fact that you may be counting inventory or discussing a work related issue with a co-irker.

My favorite - Heard many, many times :

"How come there's no one here to help me ? There's a guy / girl outside smoking !!"

I don't think once did the co-irker actually work in the department customer was ranting about. You can't take breaks when customers who need help are around. You should know that by now
        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          I had 4 hours to kill from the end of the meeting to the start of my shift (um, thanks...) so I walked around the outside of the mall (drat not open) and then went to Steak & Shake for a late break... well lunch, cos by the time I got seated they'd dropped the breakfast items. ... o well, the lunch menu is good too.

/thread jack

FRISCO MEEEELLLLTTTT with extra sause YUUUMMMMMM Fries with cheese MORE YYYYUUUUUMMMMMMM chocolate chip shake EVEN MORE YYYYUUUUMMMMMMM

unfortuneately the nearest one is 200 miles away.

/end threadjack
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Little jokes and snide remarks are how my male companion and I were essentially ratted out for talking too much (when we worked on opposite sides of the room, and after the ratting out, the shift lead at the time made sure it STAYED that way). Two little whiney bitch boys who were notorious for not working and just standing around talking, knew that companion had a crush on me and I enjoyed talking to him, so they made comments to people who had power to make sure we were seperated permanently.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I heard a few comments like those at the two Walmarts I cashiered at. At the first, we each had our own till that we were in charge of for the entire shift, so when we went on breaks, the till was locked up in the CSM stand and we got one of the two keys needed for opening it. At the second, we shared tills on the registers, but when we got back from breaks, we still had to wait for a CSM to see which register we'd be assigned to.

Many were the times at both stores that I'd hear some customer whining, "There's three employees just standing around over there! They should be on register ringing people out!"

Yeah, small problem with that. We're "standing around" waiting for the manager to get back and give us our till/tell us where to go. Can't do anything until then, Mrs. SC.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
              X