This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky pizza shop

As some of you may know (OK, maybe only the mod team), I was at the beach last week. I just got back a few days ago. I had a lot to do when I got home, but I finally have time to post this story.

Shortly after we checked into our room, my son came in with a flyer from one of the local pizza places, which someone had given him. I didn't recognize any of the street names on the map, so I figured it must be out past the end of the boardwalk. After driving four hours to get there, the last thing I want to do is drive some more, so we end up walking almost everywhere. Some years, my car does not move at all until it's time to go back home. So we never went to that particular place.

As we were checking out on our last day, I saw the motel had one of that same pizza shop's flyers on display in their lobby, with "(name of motel) does not recommend." Naturally, I was curious, so I asked the owner about it.

According to her, they've had problems with the people from the pizza shop sticking their flyers in people's doors, leaving them to blow loose and end up in the pool. They've tried talking to the owners and asking them politely not to do that, and offered to let them leave a stack of flyers in the lobby, like a lot of the other businesses do, but they don't listen. They've caught the same guy sticking flyers in the doors several times, and every time they catch him, he always gives them the same excuse -- "It's my first day. I didn't know."

On top of that, several of the guest who did try their pizza told them it tasted pretty nasty.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Can you have them arrested for littering and trespassing?

If I recall, they did that to the people who make that stupid fake phonebook thing they used to leave on people's lawns. I don't know if that was a country wide thing or just here.
    Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 08-24-2011, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Ugh, businesses do that in our parking lots all the time, despite the no solicitation signs. If they violate our property enough we do end-up banning them for trespassing Picture hundreds of soggy flyers blowing off windshields and covering the bushes, sidewalks, and grass.

Seems like that pizza place has a lot of people on their 'first day' ehe?
      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        Ugh, businesses do that in our parking lots all the time, despite the no solicitation signs. If they violate our property enough we do end-up banning them for trespassing Picture hundreds of soggy flyers blowing off windshields and covering the bushes, sidewalks, and grass.

Seems like that pizza place has a lot of people on their 'first day' ehe?
        Must be a shitty place to work if they keep having to train new people.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

can you issue a "no trespassing" order for the entire establishment?
          say file it with the police office?

so when they come around again you can just call the cops?

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            As some of you may know (OK, maybe only the mod team), I was at the beach last week. I just got back a few days ago. I had a lot to do when I got home, but I finally have time to post this story.

Shortly after we checked into our room, my son came in with a flyer from one of the local pizza places, which someone had given him. I didn't recognize any of the street names on the map, so I figured it must be out past the end of the boardwalk. After driving four hours to get there, the last thing I want to do is drive some more, so we end up walking almost everywhere. Some years, my car does not move at all until it's time to go back home. So we never went to that particular place.

As we were checking out on our last day, I saw the motel had one of that same pizza shop's flyers on display in their lobby, with "(name of motel) does not recommend." Naturally, I was curious, so I asked the owner about it.

According to her, they've had problems with the people from the pizza shop sticking their flyers in people's doors, leaving them to blow loose and end up in the pool. They've tried talking to the owners and asking them politely not to do that, and offered to let them leave a stack of flyers in the lobby, like a lot of the other businesses do, but they don't listen. They've caught the same guy sticking flyers in the doors several times, and every time they catch him, he always gives them the same excuse -- "It's my first day. I didn't know."

On top of that, several of the guest who did try their pizza told them it tasted pretty nasty.
            I was wondering why it was so quiet under my couch and none of my beer disappeared.

I don't trust any place that has to be sneaky and underhanded to try to get business.
            Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

At the hotel Hubby works at, Hotel Management has signs posted on the back of the doors in each unit warning people to be careful when ordering pizza; the suggest sticking to well-known or national brands, and not to call any pizza place that leaves a flyer on the door. The reason?

That particular hotel, and others in the area, has had problems with fake pizza companies stealing customers' credit card info and charging them for a pizza that's never delivered. (and then probably charging them some more)
              Last edited by Athaelia; 08-27-2011, 02:06 PM. Reason: shitty grammatical errors

Comment

It does seem to be a universal constant: the more aggressive the marketing, the worse the service provided. I've been all but held against my will by used car salesmen showing off a string of lemons, gotten more flyers from the worst pizza places in town than from any of the good ones, been all but chased down the street by political activists trying to get me to sign petitions for the most appalling causes, and when I was young and stupid I was almost tricked into buying one of those door-to-door coupon packets by someone calling it a "contest."

This isn't to say that every flyer that comes through my mail slot is for a business that sucks (happens I like Jimmy the Greek's and Papa John's coupons), but if you won't take "fuck off" for an answer, what you're doing is the opposite of encouraging me to enjoy your product and/or service.

Comment

Working...
                X