This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas station sighting

This happened the same day I came back from the beach. We had a lot to do when we got back, including grocery shopping. The place where I shop also sells gas, and you can get 10 cents a gallon off of gas for every $100 you spend. We needed a lot of stuff, and I ended up spending $200. Just one problem -- the period ended that day, so I had to use the points that day or lose them. I was still at half a tank after the long drive home. I prefer to fill up when I'm almost empty if I know I have points, but I didn't have much choice this time.

After we dropped off our groceries, I went out to run a few errands, and stopped for gas on the way back. As I was starting to fill up, I noticed this one car in the lane next time me had it's hood open. Apparently it died while the owner was waiting in line. Next thing I know, the guy behind her pulled around her and up to the pump.

I couldn't hear what he was saying from inside his car, but I could hear her. It went something like this:

"I'm getting ready to pull up to the pump. I'm just waiting for a jump."

"The guy's right there. It'll only take a minute."

"WELL I'M SORRY!"

"You know what? Shut up! I didn't ask for this!"

The other guy took off after that. I didn't see where he went, so I don't know if he went to another pump or to a whole other station.

There was suck on both sides, in this case. The guy didn't have to be an ass like that, but the lady could have let him pull ahead of her and get his gas. By the time I finished filling up, they still didn't have her car started.
    Sometimes life is altered.
    Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
    Uneasy with confrontation.
    Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Hey. You don't live that far from me. (Dallastown area in York County). And you shop at the company I, sadly, slave for.

Yeah. Avoid the place like the plague, if you can, on the last day of gas points.

Comment

Are you guys from Pa??

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
        Are you guys from Pa??
        Looks that way.

Comment

Not even a saint would be able to deal with the people who fill up on the last day of gas points. The cars line up all the way down the parking lot and don't bother to get out of the damn way for people just wanting to pick up a frozen dinner.

When a person tries to get around them, they act like the person is going to line jump them at the pump and will act like a complete dumbass. Yeah, yell nasty names at me, try to position your car so I can't get around and give me the finger just because you're intellectually inferior and can't figure out by your lonesome that I may just be there to pick up dinner. Don't you feel like a big man now that you see you have done all those things to a woman parked in a handicap spot and who is walking slowly into the store with the help of a cane and was not trying to get in front of you at the pump?

I swear I need remote controlled flame throwers attached to the front of my car.
          Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Just lift a car out of Darkwind and use it to run around town.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't know that it's such a great idea to jumpstart a car at a gas pump.

Was I them, I'd have pushed the car as far away from the source of flammable vapors as I could get before doing something that inevitably produces sparks as part of its operation...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                I don't know that it's such a great idea to jumpstart a car at a gas pump.
                Shit, I didn't even think of that!

Comment

At the petrol station where I work the sight of anyone about to jumpstart their car on the forecourt will lead to all of us getting into a panic and making them get the car off the forecourt first.

Comment

Pennsylvania, woo!
                    There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

This makes me think of the drivers I hate who park at the pump, then go inside the store for 10-20 min; sometimes not even getting gas. What was the point?
                      "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
                      X