X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brats got owned!

I was in a bookstore today and this happened:
    I was minding my own business looking around for some books--which is easier when two girls who are probably eight or ten aren't screaming, bouncing balls on the floor, reaching into high up nerf sword boxes (the box was on a shelf, clearly to keep people out of it) and starting a sword fight. There is a kid section but it's for kid books and not meant for kids to go wild in.
    I got annoyed--its hard to block something like that out when you want to get lost in searching for that special book. I finally got annoyed and found a worker. Lucky for me, it was the one who I always chit chat with about books. He's an awesome old man. I tell him what's going on and he gets that 'wait til your father gets home' look and goes back there.
    He goes back there and this goes on: AG: Awesome guy

AG: Stop that RIGHT NOW!

Soon there's another kid who is running with the nerf sword too. They all stopped dead in their tracks and said how sorry they were when he told them to knock it off. It was so awesome! He said a bunch of stuff along the lines of you need to stop, your mom will have to pay for the damages, etc

I was

Oh man, it was great. I felt bad for AG but he handled it like a pro and was stern and the kids got the point and got the hell out of dodge. Then the mother shows up and yells at them some more. "You know better than that!" BS. She let those kids roam around and get into shit.

I'm sure I didn't describe it as awesome as it was. But it sure made my day considering the hubbie and I went to our favorite steakhouse only to be served BURNED to all hell steak, ribs and potatoes.

I was waiting for you to write about how the mother came back there and yelled at AG about daring to correct her perfect little angels. I'm glad it worked out.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
      I was waiting for you to write about how the mother came back there and yelled at AG about daring to correct her perfect little angels. I'm glad it worked out.
      I was expecting that too! AG definitely handled it well and I'm glad it turned out good!
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I thought "brats" meant bratwurst.
        I'm hungry.
        "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
          I was waiting for you to write about how the mother came back there and yelled at AG about daring to correct her perfect little angels.
          I saw something like that happen at Wal-Mart a few years ago. Some kids got out some of the balls and were bouncing them around, and one of the employees asked them to PLEASE not do that. Well, their mother went off on her for that, and told her, "I can tell you don't have kids!" Without missing a beat, the employee told her, "Actually, I do have kids, and I don't let them act like that!"
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
          X