This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get down now!

After my shift at about 11PM at night I had to grab a thing or two at my property's 24 hour *al *art. I'm in line, cashing-out, when the nice elderly greeter/cashier who I see regularly called out low and tentatively "Hey, you can't be on there!" I turned and saw a group of teens, with 3-girls sitting on the scanner/check-out counter, laughing and horseplaying. They ignored the cashier pointedly. I'd had a bad day (A shoplifting and fight, 2-problem customers, got screamedat for no reason and my back hurt) and I SNAPPED.

"Hey, get off of that NOW!!!!!" I barked like one of my old AF Sergeants. The girls' eyes just popped in shock and they jumped back to the floor and looked everywhere but at me. The cashier thanked me, though some old biddy in line in front of the girls was giving me the stink-eye. As I was leaving I saw one of the girls starting to hitch herself up onto the scanner again.

"Don't do it again!" I told her.

And I left, secure in my plain-clothed anonymity
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga
Working...
X