This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedex can BITE ME.

This gets confusing, though I think I've kept everything pretty clear. And yes, this is why my Google+ was updated with the thread title.

The package was going from Upstate NY to the City proper. Shoulda taken ONE DAY. Monday-Tuesday. That's it. Rather, I ended up with a pissed-off boss, a pissed-off ME, and a desire to hurt things.

Aug. 6th: We put in the address exactly how it was in our system, zip code, street name, building number, and apartment number all as the customer dictated - being the same place we've hand-delivered to her in the past. Fedex tells us UR RONG DO IT AGAIN and we growl at it.

Aug 7th: Fedex finally says OK U IZ OK. Shipment is finalized for a Monday pickup.

Aug 8th: Shipment is picked up.

Aug 9th: DELIVERY EXCEPTION! (whuh?) WRONG APARTMENT NUMBER! (waitaminute...)

Aug 10th: O HAI THEY NOT THERE! (customer gets no slip saying WE TRIED!)

Aug 11th: O HAI THEY NOT THERE AGAIN! (customer STILL gets no slip saying WE TRIED AGAIN!)

Aug 12th: O HAI THEY STILL NOT THERE! (customer gets fed up, calls Fedex, and finds out they had the WRONG ADDRESS.) Boss is pissed. I get yelled at.

Aug 12th: Fedex says they're waiting on the address correction. I call Fedex and politely tell the operator that we GAVE them the right address, here it is again, now put it on the truck for tomorrow. Fedex says OK! and tells me (and the customer) that the shipment is on the truck tomorrow (Saturday). I get yelled at again.

Aug 13th: No shipment. I call Fedex and get told that apparently the TERMINAL ISN'T SENDING OUT A TRUCK TODAY. WTF FEDEX. They say "Tuesday is the next truck." I say "fine, but it had better be there Tuesday, otherwise imma be PISSED." They assure me (and the customer in a separate call) that it'll be there Tuesday. Boss is srsly pissed and I get yelled at. Again.

Aug 14th: Sunday.

Aug 15th: Monday. I no work Monday.

Aug 16th: No package. No tracking update. I go WTF and call AGAIN, only to learn that the terminal HASN'T UPDATED THE FUCKING ADDRESS YET. I get irritated, and tell them to pull their heads out of their asses. Boss is in the city delivering - he coulda dropped it off himself, he had another shipment to go to her, and it would have saved us damoney. Boss is uberpissed.

Aug 17th: STILL NO FUCKING PACKAGE. At this point I'm getting absolutely livid, and insist that the operator get on the goddamned phone to the goddamned terminal RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND so they can fix this situation before I go nuclear, with Boss going nuclear fusion behind me. Terminal FINALLY updates address, or so they say.

Aug 18th: TRACKING ISN'T UPDATED. Now I'm gonna kill something. Call Fedex. Calmly and with clenched teeth, I hold back from exploding on the poor rep who gets me. Make it clear I'm livid and very close to escalating this. She's good, gets the terminal on the phone WITH me, and HE tells me he is putting the package on a truck as we speak.

Aug 18th: FINALLY, a week and two days after it SHOULD be delivered, the package is delivered. I breathe a sigh of relief that I'm not gonna have to burn down Fedex.

As an ex transport company employee I can totally sympathise with you.. we relied heavily on agents outside our company, and I know how sucky our own drivers were, and the ridiculous excuses I was forced to make, (as well as falsified POD's!) I guarantee 99% of what you posted above was a result of pure laziness!!

I'm glad it got there in the end, but seriously, you should be getting a full refund or at least some compensation for the huge delay!
    "You're perfect yes it's true, but without meeeee you're only you!"

Comment

This is a perfect example why we don't use FedEx at work anymore. Not worth the aggravation and the lies.

Sadly UPS at times is not much better.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Working...
      X