X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cloudy, with a chance of McFlurries

This wasn't sucky, just kinda funny.

Went into a McDonalds today with friends and decided to get a McFlurry. Place wasn't too terribly busy. Cashier was clearly training a new employee, who was tasked with making my McFlurry.

She gets the cup, fills it with ice cream, and does one pass on the M&Ms. Checks with CW, does 2nd, then 3rd (whew!).

She puts the spoon in the cup, hooks it to the machine, but doesn't get it tight enough.

WHIRR!!!!

Ice cream and M&Ms all over the place! Dripping down the machines, all over the floor, all over her.

New girl goes to get cleaned up and leaves the machine on

CW apologizes for the wait, "She's on her second day."

I laughed and said no worries. Shit happens.

My friend goes to get her ice cream and gets charged for the wrong item.

Friend: I enjoyed the show but didn't realize I had to pay for the entertainment.

They fixed it of course.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE the Rolo McFlurry. I hope they keep it.
    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

I fart in the general direction of your McFlurries.

Culvers Concrete Mixer FTW.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

sounds like they handled the situation relatively well.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

yummmmm

and it's nice to see that you guys were patient with her

Comment

Oh dear, sounds like someone was having a funny day ^^;;

I loooove McFlurries. In the UK we have them with Smarties instead of M&Ms (to be honest...they are essentially the same thing XD except Smarties come in little cardboard tubes). When I first visited Mr Retail-Rabit in Ohio and discovered Dairy Queen (OMG I LOVE DQ!) I fell in love with the M&M Blizzard but the size those things come in frighten me a little XD

Comment

Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
              I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE the Rolo McFlurry. I hope they keep it.
              We're not. I'm sorry. Get it while you can!

Comment

Imagine making them every day and never being able to eat them... So SAD! My Culvers just brought the pumpkin varieties back... I want one... Is it worth feeling sick? MAYBE
                Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. - Elbert Hubbard

Comment

Sorry Irv they don't make elderberry McFlurries.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Little Retail Rabbit View Post
                    Oh dear, sounds like someone was having a funny day ^^;;

I loooove McFlurries. In the UK we have them with Smarties instead of M&Ms (to be honest...they are essentially the same thing XD except Smarties come in little cardboard tubes). When I first visited Mr Retail-Rabit in Ohio and discovered Dairy Queen (OMG I LOVE DQ!) I fell in love with the M&M Blizzard but the size those things come in frighten me a little XD
                    I had to go look that up since Smarties are a completely different thing in the US and I don't know if they'd be all that good in a McFlurry....

There is a mini-Blizzard. I love love love the tropical Blizzard. And DQ has been advertising a Nutter Butter Blizzard. I haven't given in....yet.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Yeah Smarties in Europe and Canada are basically thinner M&M's. (In Canada we get them in boxes, not tubes).

In the US, Smarties are what we in Canada call Rockets; pressed sugar tablets in a cellophane roll.

Both McD's and DQ use Smarties up here instead of M&M's; probably because Nestle supplies Smarties and supplies items for their other products too.

(Every Christmas I send a care package of some bags and/or boxes of Smarties and other Canadian candy to my friends in the States since they can't get them. )

Comment

Regional differences

this is one for those of you who have Dairy Queens in your area(s) that are in Canada or above teh "Mason -Dixon"

can you get a "Dude" ? (do you even know what one is?)
                        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Canuck here; and no, I don't know what a DQ "Dude" is.

Comment

According to Wikipedia, the Dude isn't offered outside Texas.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Jetfire View Post
                              Yeah Smarties in Europe and Canada are basically thinner M&M's. (In Canada we get them in boxes, not tubes).
                              There's a BIG difference between (Canadian) Smarties and M&Ms: Smarties are made in a peanut-free facility, M&Ms aren't. For anyone allergic to peanuts, that's a big deal.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X