This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get back at parking space stalkers

Nearly every time I leave a shopping center, it seems like I'm always zeroed in on my someone in their car. The moment I walk out the door, I'll have a car that follows me close behind, waiting to see where my car is so they can grab that space before someone else does.

For those of you that have dealt with this, I have a solution to this problem. In fact, I did it on my lunch hour at the local Target. The moment I came out, I had this old woman closely following me in her car, blocking up other cars behind her. I looked behind me and got this ugly look for her, like "Will you hurry up?". So, I kept walking and walking, right past my car, and when I got four cars ahead of mine, she got upset and floored the gas. The moment she was ahead of me, I turned around and went to my car. Meanwhile, I saw she had hit the brakes, and the car behind her nearly slammed into the back of her. This woman was pounding on her steering wheel, frustrated that I did that because she could have had my parking space.

Now, I have probably done this myself, waiting to see where someone goes when the lot is full, but there were plenty of other spaces for this bitchy woman to park in. What I hated most was I felt like I had my number one fan stalking me in her car until I got into my car and drove off. From the looks of this woman, she was in good shape anyway and really did not need a close as hell spot to begin with!

I hate these people with a passion!! I will usually get in my car, do my hair, put on some make-up, light up a cigarette, double/triple/quadruple check every item on every receipt. Whatever it takes for them to give up and go away. If I am shopping, I am NOT in a hurry and will sit all day.
    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Hell, if you're gonna stalk me to my car, you could at least offer me a ride!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I usually do the same, excep for sometimes, I walk around pretending to look for my vehicle
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I just *love* to mess with the stalkers. One of my favorite tricks is to purposely walk down the wrong aisle...then darting between cars to mine. The looks on their faces is great
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            I just *love* to mess with the stalkers. One of my favorite tricks is to purposely walk down the wrong aisle...then darting between cars to mine. The looks on their faces is great
            I've done that. I'll purposely walk down one aisle, then cut across one or two to get to my car. I had a lady one time who raced to get over to the aisle I was in, and when she got there, I sat there on my cell phone, then drove away after she gave up and left.

Comment

I had one of them following me once.

Joke was on her, I was actually 15 at the time, and as such, didn't have a car.

Comment

I will sometimes get in my car, turn it on, and sit there for a minute or two. Then I turn it off, get out and start walking back to the store. The looks you get from people are priceless.

Comment

Ok, I am what you consider a stalker then. However, I work at one of the busiest/biggest
                  malls on the east coast.

I do admit to following people on Saturdays and during the holiday season hoping to get their spot.

I am glad so far, no one has pulled one of your tricks on me. What is so bad about wanting a parking spot? I can understand if there are plenty open, but think about us employees who need to get to work.

Oh, yes, I do give myself plenty of time to find parking on busy days, but it would be nice to find a parking space quickly so I can get a cup of coffee!
                  "There is no rehab for stupidity." --Chris Rock
                  "You learn something new and stupid every day you work in retail."--IhateCrappyTire

Comment

I guess I don't see it either. I've had people pull the "sitting around in their car" even when I just drove up and saw their lights on, fooling me into thinking they're going to leave. But then again, I've only encountered the "stalkers" when I walk back to my car and I can see the lot's full, as is a common occurrence around here. Of course, I tend to see some bouts of revenge as bringing myself down to their level. Who knows.
                    "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Waiting for a space isn't bad. Acting like it's the person's fault that you're Still In Your Car, driving recklessly through the parking lot with sudden breaking and peeling out, and things like that, though, are annoying to the rest.

It's kind of like the difference between someone who politely informs the CSR of a complaint they have, and ask nicely for the manager when it's obvious they need to move up the chain, compared with someone who comes in yelling for a manager with a foul mouth before the CSR even has a chance to acknowledge them.

Comment

I agree, it's a degree thing. People who politley, smilingly motion to me to make it obvious they're waiting for a spot when it's busy/cold/the lot is full, I'm cool with. If you're creeping along behind me when there are spots 10 yards ahead, not cool. Also, sometimes I just flat out forget where I parked my car, so don't give me a dirty look when I walk down the wrong aisle on accident.
                        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

At my college there's NEVER enough parking in the afternoon. In fact, if you get there after 11 AM, you can expect a wait for parking in any of the walking distance lots.

It's amusing how mad people will get. Especially at people like me, who will find some nice, considerate person, and give them the premium spot that I'm leaving.

It's nice getting there early enough to get a REALLY good spot.
                          Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

My shopping centre only gets busy at major holiday or long weekend times. And then it's impossible to park. Most people happily wave drivers over to their parking spots. If a car's following me, I'll go over and tell the driver which car's mine, so they can go ahead and wait at the right spot. That way the 'traffic' isn't affected; other cars can go around them while they wait.
                            Michael: Maybe you'll be inspired by the boat party tonight and start a career as a pirate.
                            Tobias: I haven't packed for that.
                            <3 Arrested Development

Comment

i don't stalk people, but if i see a car turned on, i will wait, and see if that person is going to drive, so i could have the spot, but i preferably park a distance from the entrance, we have narrow parking spots here, if the car next to you has kids in it, you'll find your car prettily decorated along the side with dents and nice scrapes, very decorative.
                              Rawr

Comment

Working...
                              X