This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mild Suckage

Went to the Zoo today. It was fun (Found an Owl who was hiding out) though at some point me and my girlfriend decided we needed Ice cream. My girlfriend took a bathroom break while I continued to eat my chocolate cone. A guy came up with his family and started to whine about the prices for the merry go round and the train ride. Keep in mind that you pay five dollars and your kid can go and play on the merry go round and train ride until their heart content (If you only want to do one ride it's 3.00)

SD - Sucky Dad
    Me-

SD: *reads sign* Five Dollars for Train rides? Why is it so expensive? Would it hurt them to give it to us for free? It's $20.00 addmission for adults so when mommy and daddy get in it's $40.00 *whinebitchmoan*
    Me- *resists urge to rolls eyes* You do know that the extra money made goes to being able to take care of the animals? As well as make better exibits?
    SD- *gets a bit of a 'Duh' look* Uh... It's still too expensive
    Me- *mentally shake head before jumping up when girlfriend get's back to get away from numb skull*

I can understand more if the Zoo did nothing for it's animals and were greedy bas***ds about this but the extra money goes to the animals and it's the reason why our zoo is one of the best in the world (With so many animals and exhibits).

It's just five bucks. And It will let your kid ride on either of the rides as much as she would want. And Yes the admission is expensive but there is a reason for it. No one said the Zoo was a cheap day out (though it can be relatively less expensive if you bring your own cooler of snacks and food) and they generally don't advertise it as such.

Though I can't complain as I got in for free. Yay for free tickets though I think I had started to get way over heated by the end of it as I got to sit down in a gift shop (The Nice cashier saw me swaying and offered it). Though I eventually fell off the seat, smacking it against the desk. I'm okay now though,well cooled off as well as hydrated though she (and the two other people who checked on me) Were awesome ^^.

Side thing-
    This wasn't sucky just odd. Went to see the Red Panda (He was Adorable >w<) and some random teenager called him a Sloth O.o (The actually sloth decided he hated show biz and make people work for it if we wanted to see him lol)

People were complaining when the North Carolina Zoo's admission price increased recently. They have a lot of animals and food/medical care isn't cheap. Then again, people were also complaining about having to walk around the zoo. I am glad they have a lot of room between exhibits. It means they have more room to expand one day.

Red Pandas are adorable. In The Legend of Korra, the sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender, one character has a pet named Paboo that is a mix of Red Panda and Black Footed Ferret. See- http://legendofkorra.com/wp-content/.../07/Panel6.jpg

Comment

Awww that's Adorable >w<

Comment

This wasn't sucky just odd. Went to see the Red Panda (He was Adorable >w<) and some random teenager called him a Sloth O.o (The actually sloth decided he hated show biz and make people work for it if we wanted to see him lol)
        No it's proper name is "Foxbeardog"!!!

My local zoo back home had them too... and the store sold cute little red panda Foxbeardog plushies too (see avatar)

Comment

People complain about the price down here as well. And then our overhyped pandas.

They tried to at least make the Panda exhibit as awesome as possible, by providing an area just for the Pandas and allowing the Red Panda present some glory as well.

Two exhibits I love HANDS DOWN at the Adelaide Zoo are the Meerkats and the Bilbies. The meerkat exhibit is around the giraffe exhibit. But the little guys are amazingly cute to watch. They're always poking their noses up whenever they hear an aeroplane or similar. And last time I was there I got to see some Meerkat babies. Very squee-worthy

The Bilbies were located in the nocturnal exhibit and I always love them because not only are they cute, but their funding comes directly from the public buying Haighs brand chocolates. The money from those (at least in Adelaide) goes towards the Bilby exhibit. Needless to say, around Easter time, they do not sell Easter Bunnies, they sell Easter Bilbies.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

The zoo here charges something like $33US for adults. Doesn't stop people from swarming the place even in 97F/90% humidity weather. And it doesn't even have any rides! ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The Milwaukee County Zoo charges 20-some bucks for one admission. I forget the exact amount. That does include parking though; the admission fee is 10-something for anybody else in the car with you.

There always seems to be a good crowd there.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Seems to be the time of year to go to the zoo. I went last week when I had some time off (yay mommy getting the hubby and I memberships) I was floored by the amount of stupidity. I wanted to smack people. People were howling at the wolves. And I lost count how many times I heard the animals called lazy. It was over 80 and they were all napping. I thought it was cute, especially the Orangutans with their burlap blankets.
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Quoth Elspeth View Post
                  It was over 80 and they were all napping.
                  80 sounds nice and cool to me right about now >_> I do love how people will make that accusation when they go to check out the nocturnal predators like the big cats during the hottest times of the afternoon x.x

Ya know why they -- and humans in many cultures -- rest or sleep in the shade during that time of the day? It's freaking HOT!
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I have a membership to our local zoo. It's well paid for now. During the summer it open until 8 on Wednesdays. It is pretty cool. Although its alot nicer in the winter.

And of course when I go to the zoo, so does my camera.

http://michiganexposures.blogspot.co...ng-at-zoo.html

Comment

Working...
                    X