Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. I'd heard of lawyers being 'ambulance chasers', but 'traffic cop chasers'?

Congrats on not getting a fine. Have a cookie. *gives cookie*
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Re: Thread title.

There are no lawyer jokes.

... only true stories ...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I would be most curious of all, who is this cop chasing knuckle dragging shit for brains "attorney" who somehow is able to find all recent police contact with people?

It's just as bad as the assholes who keep getting info from dealerships and sending scam letters about your car warranty, and that it's expired and you need to renew NOW.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The first is likely that things like this are a matter of public record, and thus an attorney can simply pick up a listing of new traffic violations.

The 2nd is cold calling via an auto dialer, they don't know you have a car, they don't know what your car is. Why do I say this? Because I get them all the time, and I don't think you can have a warranty on a metrocard....

:P

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
            Wow. I'd heard of lawyers being 'ambulance chasers', but 'traffic cop chasers'?
            It occurs to me that this could have literally been that: He saw you pulled over and took down your license plate number, then got the name/address from the Dept of Public Records. Simple.
            Last edited by EricKei; 09-02-2011, 04:26 PM. Reason: dainty little freudian slip
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post

Hey now, my Dad and my sister are both lawyers. (Well, he is. She's waiting for the results of her bar exam.) And they prove the old adage:

Ninety-nine percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Hey now, my Dad and my sister are both lawyers. (Well, he is. She's waiting for the results of her bar exam.) And they prove the old adage:

Ninety-nine percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
                So what you're saying is that your dad and sister give 1% of lawyers a bad name?

*ducks and runs*

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Just got off the phone. It wasn't a citation.
                  If it wasn't a Citation it must have been a Cavalier - which is even worse

Quoth dalesys View Post

Why are you letting the actions of a few scumbags colour your perception of the other 2%?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X