This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So sorry to interrupt your tunes

Mysty's post reminded me of this from a couple months ago. It shocked me so much, I think I put a mental block on it.

My friend was in labor with her second child, and it was a LONG labor. All her family and inlaws are useless as well as hundreds of miles away, I stayed with her until her husband could get there, and my mom watched both our kids.

While I'm sitting there giving optimistic ideas to a REALLY cranky pregnant woman, this beeyotch resident comes in- female, probably early thirties, with earbuds in. She never said a word to us, checked the monitor a few times and read the chart, then she gave a quick smile and left.

Now really. When you're about to squeeze a human being out of your body, is it so much to ask that medical personnel PAUSE THEIR FREAKIN MUSIC? She did complain to her OB about the resident, but he didn't know what to say about it.

How on Earth can somebody in the medical profession get away with having their earphones jammed in their ears when they're at work?

Not only isn't it professional, but how can they hear if somebody needs to talk to them?

I'd have raised hell about that. You're dealing with people's lives here, is it too much to ask that you focus on the patient and not on your music?
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

All I can say is
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

i don't even listen to music if i'm out on the floor stocking shelves, only when i'm working in the cooler
        DILLIGAF

Comment

wow thats just.... im actually speechless

your friend needs to lay a formal complaint

thats just insane!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

did you hear music? my friend's mom has studies she listens to on the night shift, she's in classes for something to advance her...

or it can be the blonde joke...breathe in, breathe out (on the recording)
            You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

Not only isn't it professional, but how can they hear if somebody needs to talk to them?
              Depends on the earbuds. The ones that come with iPods, for example, don't block outside noise. Of course, you can turn the volume up and drown it out...
              Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth HYHYBT View Post
                Of course, you can turn the volume up and drown it out...
                Depends on the noise Some of you might remember me talking about that annoying woman at the gym...the one talking about her husband's, um, "bedroom problem." Even at full blast, I could *still* hear that
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                X