This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this, over a grape...

I didn't see this, but it was in the papers and all over the news around here when it happened.

Anyway, so there is this bigger woman doing some grocery shopping at one of the stores up here. She is walking around the produce section, and starts to eat the grapes.

An off duty (or undercover, don't remember) police officer--also a woman--sees this and goes up to her and tells her to stop eating the grapes. The woman refuses, and words are exchanged.

Then grape lady starts to bump her chest into the cops chest. Remember that this woman was bigger...well, the cop wasn't. Then grape lady gets very physical. She swings at the cop, and ends up pulling out a chunk of the cops hair.

So now, its on.

The two start grappling, and end up by the cash registers. The cops are called, and show up in full riot gear. The employees run and block the aisles, so that the shopping customers can't get involved. It was a little too late for that, though.

One gentleman jumps into the fray, trying to help the cops. The cops think that he is trying to help the grape lady, though, and start beating him too. The SM shows up with pepper spray and ends up spraying it in a cops face instead of grape ladys.

Remember how I said that she was a bigger lady?

Apparently she was wearing sweats, and in the scuffle...her pants fell...

Around her ankles...

She was wearing a thong...

That you couldn't see.

By this time she was subdued enough, and someone grabbed a newspaper to cover her up with.

So all this happened...over a grape.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 02-16-2007, 06:15 PM. Reason: Race edited out - not important to story - R

GAaaaaaaaaaaa! my mental eyes! my mental eyes!

Why don't people realise that "sampling" the produce repeatedly is stealing?
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
      Why don't people realise that "sampling" the produce repeatedly is stealing?
      I think in this case, it was probably a case of entitlement. "They probably sell thousands of these things, me eating a few of them isn't going to hurt them." The logic some people follow astounds me sometimes. That "few" adds up over time if people continue to help themselves.

I remember one time I was at a grocery store, and I saw this little kid sneak over to the candy display (the kind where you bag your own and weigh it), grab a piece and then run off to eat it. Then, he'd sneak back, grab another, then run off. I saw him do this three times before I figured out his mother was nearby, so I informed her of what he was doing. To her credit, she scolded him and paid for the candy. (They had a coin box so you could pay for single pieces if you wanted.)
      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

By golly, if I tried that, my mom would give me the tongue lashing of a life time. Yes, even now! To this day, before I do something, I ponder "Would Mom approve?"
        However, sometimes when the answer is "No", I still do it...
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

That story MUST be put into a movie somehow. That is priceless slapstick.
          "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
          .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Quoth Jewels View Post

Remember how I said that she was a bigger lady?

Apparently she was wearing sweats, and in the scuffle...her pants fell...

Around her ankles...

She was wearing a thong...

That you couldn't see.
            Okay, who's got the brain bleach? Oh, there it is . . .

Ah, much better!

Comment

That mental image will haunt me for weeks

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
                I remember one time I was at a grocery store, and I saw this little kid sneak over to the candy display (the kind where you bag your own and weigh it), grab a piece and then run off to eat it. Then, he'd sneak back, grab another, then run off. I saw him do this three times before I figured out his mother was nearby, so I informed her of what he was doing. To her credit, she scolded him and paid for the candy. (They had a coin box so you could pay for single pieces if you wanted.)
                Isn't it ashame these days we have to acknowledge/praise what was just basic common sense a few decades ago? Sad.

Comment

Even the all mighty Brain Bleach®™ isn't helping!!!!!
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

just a little more...

ok, as much as I'm allowed by the image gods...

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I once saw a comic strip with a customer at a till, chewing on something, and the cashier said "and I'm charging you a dollar for whatever it is you have in your mouth!"

My mom's sent me off to grab orange juice tetra paks for her to drink while she's in the store, but she's diabetic (and I've taken to carrying glucose pills in my purse because she seems to forget to eat EVERY Sunday, and was starting to annoy the grocery staff with her half-gone tetra boxes)
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        just a little more...

ok, as much as I'm allowed by the image gods...
                        AHHHHH!!!! Gimmegimmegimme!!!
                        [snatches bottle away from BookstoreEscapee]

You used it all, you uneffingbelievable BASTID! AHHHHH!!!

[falls down]
                        [twitch twitch twitch]

.....heeeelllp meeee....
                        Civilized men tend to be ruder than savages because they know they can be impolite without getting their skulls split, as a rule.
                        - Robert E. Howard

Comment

Quoth ForestDragon View Post
                          AHHHHH!!!! :[falls down]
                          [twitch twitch twitch]

.....heeeelllp meeee....
                          Here, have some of mine!

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                          X