This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, sick and ranty

Well, it was time to go deposit hubby's check and go shopping, wee! I'm in a bad mood today!

do you want to buy the checkout?
    Started off nasty, I was sick (no pregnancy jokes! I'm not pregnant I swear! *grrr!*) but whatever, it's normal for me. Bank is alright, then we go to miccy-d's for our weekly breakfast. Mmmmm chicken nuggets!
    Go to the bookstore, other than a nasty bathroom with an unexplainable table in the middle of it there's no problem. The clerk tries to sell us EVERYTHING on her counter, and we laugh and say no thanks. She looks sad, but I don't know what we could have done about that.

Don't hit on my man, please
    Off to the mall, I go inspect the bathroom (ugh chicken nuggets taste nasty the second time) while hubby gets his bourbon chicken. While I'm gone, hubby has the exciting wonderement of meeting Whoricus Underagicus, two girls who skipped school to go mall-dragging for drinking-age men. No offense to underage women who like to drink with older men, but if he says he's married, not interested, and doesn't drink, please leave him alone and don't be bothering him when his bitchy, sick wife comes out of the bathroom. Not a good idea if you want to continue looking pretty enough to hit on older men. I just glared at them but geez. I'm glad hubby can stand up for himself.

Paranoid lady and possessed toilet
    Off to Wallacious Mart. Yay! I got new shoes because the elastic on my sandal went *snap*. They're pretty neat, and they also look kind of like old lady shoes!
    We get the stuff and go to check out, there's this lady in front who is like "Ahahaha...my daughter who has the money isn't back yet, so you get to waiiiiiit!" I decide it's bathroom time again but of course, the one in the front is being cleaned (IT'S ALWAYS BEING CLEANED ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!) so I have to go all the way to the back while trying not to puke. This older lady employee who was carrying her nametag (on break maybe?) was walking in front of me, to the bathroom as well. She freaks out and is like "WHY are you following me! I'm not on duty can't you see! WHARRGARBL!"
    I was like "Lady, I need to go to the bathroom. You, coincidentally, are also heading to the bathroom. LET ME GO IN PEACE." Ugh
    There was a trick toilet down in the handicap stall, it flushed every three seconds. I don't know how it managed that, but it scared me half to death.

Uhh, what?
    As I go back to the front of the store, there's this mom and son who walked out of the electronics section behind me. I do my normal thing of hooking my thumb on the loop part of my purse strap so it doesn't hit me in the leg, and the mom FREAKS OUT. She was all like "YOU THINK WE GONNA ROB YOU? WE'RE WHITE! WHY ARE YOU BEING SUCH A BITCH?" (I have NO IDEA what skin color had to do with my purse. It's grey camo with an octopus pin.)
    I turned to her and was like "I didn't realize that you would take such offense to me stopping my purse from hitting my hip. Jeez." Her son was bright red too, he started to apologize for his mum being paranoid and she was trying to scream at me some more for standing up to her. Ugh.

Aww, I missed it
    I meet hubby at the door, because he already paid and stuff, and we go to the car. He tells me of this charming old couple behind him who only had two items and bitched him out for "being in an express lane." It was a normal lane. When he told them no, they couldn't go in front of him because he was in a hurry, the wife gets real upset and the guy is like "SON, you need to RESPECT your elders!" Hubby laughed and told them they needed to earn it from him. Lady got upset and was like "Don't talk to my husband like that."
    MY hubby was like "Don't let your husband talk to me like that then."
    I'm so sorry I missed it, because I bet hubby did the whole head bob and finger snap thing. The checkout lady (she knows us now) was like "I'm so sorry you have to deal with nasty people." *glares at old couple*
    Hubby told her he was sorry she had to do their checkout for them, paid, and walked over by the door. The old people went through, and then WALKED TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORE, past at least three open lanes, one of which was express, to leave.

And gramma wondered why I cringed when she asked if I was going to the store with her later today.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

That's brutal! Sounds like a helluva adventure.
    Quick piece of advice if you don't mind?
    I've been the guy doing the washroom gleanings in VoldeMarts before. While the washroom is 'shut down,' I do make exceptions in rare cases depending on where I am in the cleaning (my chemicals are far more caustic than what WM uses).
    Talk to the person and tell them the circumstances? I'm sure they've been in that situation before, and walking to the other end of a fucking supercenter sucks ass.

Comment

I didn't even think to ask the cleaning person, I doubt the chemicals would have made me sicker.
      Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
        Not a good idea if you want to continue looking pretty enough to hit on older men.
        As an "older man of drinking age", I realise more and more that the underage girls who try to hit on "older men of drinking age" to bum a pint usually are NOT pretty. Probably because those who are already have someone to buy them beer?
        Quoth zombiequeen View Post
        "YOU THINK WE GONNA ROB YOU? WE'RE WHITE!
        "So were Butch Cassidy, John Dillinger and Baby Face Nelson"
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
          As an "older man of drinking age", I realise more and more that the underage girls who try to hit on "older men of drinking age" to bum a pint usually are NOT pretty. Probably because those who are already have someone to buy them beer?
          They weren't specifically...pretty...per say, just VERY young looking and wearing an entire store's worth of makeup.

Comment

I'm so sorry you had the upset tummy! If you have a family physician, most will write you a prescription for Phenergan (generic: promethazine) to have on hand for the flu, food poisoning, or other gastric complaints. Trust me, Phenergan is NOT a drug of abuse. It's over the counter in Europe.

If you are in immediate discomfort, a large dose of Benadryl (generic: diphenhydramine) will ease nausea. 100 mg, that's four over-the-counter 25mg tabs will stop the pukies and (because Benadryl is a sleep aid too) knock you out so you can sleep through the sicknes.

Hope you feel better soon!
            "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Quoth Salesmonkey View Post
              I'm so sorry you had the upset tummy! If you have a family physician, most will write you a prescription for Phenergan (generic: promethazine) to have on hand for the flu, food poisoning, or other gastric complaints. Trust me, Phenergan is NOT a drug of abuse. It's over the counter in Europe.
              I swear if there is a strange reaction to have to a drug, I'll have it.

Promethazine literally bounces on my stomach!

My otc drug of choice for nausea is Dramamine. Prescription, nothing beats Compazine.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
              X