This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to alienate customers

I finally found a stylist that knows how to do eyebrows and despite the issues I've had with scheduling at the salon she works at, I still keep going there. My stylist works at another part time job and there's been times where I have an appointment with her that has to be canceled due to the other job. I'm usually a very patient and understanding person so I will reschedule. I work two jobs myself so I understand.

I'm trying to make an appointment today for my Saturday off next week to have my hair and eyebrows done and I'm willing to take anyone for the hair and save the eyebrows for later. I call multiple times to try to schedule. It turns out that the entire salon has been booked by a wedding party and no other appointments are being taken. I'm annoyed at this and ask to speak to the manager. I tell her I'm in at least once a month for my eyebrows and ask if if there would be anything she could do in the way of making up for the inconvenience like a discount off a future service. She says there is nothing she can do. I politely and firmly ask again if there is anything else she could do like fit me in before or after the wedding party because multiple members of my family go there and I really like this stylist. I make it clear that I don't want to leave her, but will be forced to go elsewhere if it becomes too difficult to make an appointment. The owner doesn't seem to care that because of her attitude in taking my business for granted that she's going to be losing me as a client. She also was very rude when I told her that I can't book too far ahead of time because of work schedules. She snidely comments that she has people who book months ahead of time.

I'm making an appointment at another salon tomorrow that I had a good experience at earlier this year. As much as I love the stylist's work, I can't support a place that has an owner who is willing to alienate a customer and not be flexible with people's schedules. My money is just as good as everyone else's.

I don't see how it justifies you getting a discount when someone booked before you did or the stylist you go to isn't there.

I would simply find a new one to go to that you'll like and is available more around your schedule.
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Agreed. If the owner gave a discount to every customer who tries to make a booking at a time when there's no one available, they'd be out of business very soon, I imagine. Not to mention that you probably were neither the first, nor the last customer to call for an appointment on that very Saturday, and she's probably had that conversation quite a few times already.

Yeah, your money is just as good as anyone else's; not worse, but not better, either.
      You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Sometimes businesses are booked out. It happens. They don't owe you a discount for the inconvenience.

Indeed, a business that is busy enough that it occasionally makes it difficult to get an appointment is doing well enough that it can afford to alienate customers who demand things they are not entitled to.

Comment

Just go to that other salon that you mentioned & then go back to the one that couldn't accomodate you at a later time. So if they're too busy to take you then that's something you have to understand. It happens.

Comment

I know stuff happens but that in no way justifies the owner's attitude IMO. Even if she had not offered me a discount, she could have been more polite about the fact that they were booked and not been so rude. I don't know if she was that impolite to everyone else who tried to book that day, but I didn't deserve to be told that my business and money wasn't good enough for her. I also didn't deserve to be told that just because I can't book a month in advance that I'm not worth having as a customer. She knew she had the wedding party and being a Saturday, she could have scheduled another person to work to handle other appointments. She chose not to and that's her problem. I work in customer service and I would never be that rude to someone who had an issue with the service provided. I think she thinks she can get away with it because she's the owner, but if she treats other customers like that, I'm surprised people keep coming back, no matter how good the stylists are.

Comment

I'm closing this with a reminder that if something is reportable, report it. Bickering and debating and calling out other members is not allowed.

Comment

Working...
              X