Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you sell the table at a massive discount?
    nah, this is the big green apron; they keep everything until it literally rots/disintegrates/explodes.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

At my mom's store the most commanly shoplifted items were: baby jesus from the nativity sets (we ended up taping them down) and 5 cent stickers, which we didn't care about anyways.

At my toy store the big theft item was bath fizzes. Yeah didn't make sense to me either, but hey at least they were bathing?

Of course at my last show I had a $75 quilt walk off too.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

I work the desk at a hotel. We're currently using desk bell #3.

Still not sure why someone would want/need a desk bell.....

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
          A store I used to work at, we had t-shirts that were, at one point, on hangers. Cheap plastic hangers. The type you can get at the dollar store.

I never knew which was more disturbing. People stealing the shirts....or the hangers.
          In my varied years working in retail, I've seen many weird things stolen, including:

* A plastic plant pot for a tomato seedling. Yes, they took out the seedling and stole the pot, which costs about five pence.

* A poster advertising a store card.

* Trillions of pens. What is it about customers and stealing staff pens, anyway?

* Pushpins. There was a poster on the wall anchored with pushpins; some customer apparently took out the pushpins and stole them.

I also heard from a nearby music store about how someone once stole a lifesize cutout of Britney Spears (back in the days of her first single) and in the pub outside my college, someone stole one of the urinals out of the gents.

Nothing surprises me now as far as weird things stolen goes. O_o
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
            I also heard from a nearby music store about how someone once stole a lifesize cutout of Britney Spears (back in the days of her first single) and in the pub outside my college, someone stole one of the urinals out of the gents.
            I can kinda understand how one might be able to swipe a cardboard cutout from a music store... But how can (and why would) someone pry up and steal a urinal without someone noticing?

What, did some bathroom ninjas spirit it away the Urinal to the Mythical Palace of 1000 Bathrooms or something? seriously... that's just...

Comment

At Hechinger's...we had some idiot actually steal one of the 'display' power drills. Whoever did it, went to all the trouble of going a couple aisles over, grabbing the nearest bolt cutters, and then returning to snip the security wires off the drill. I'm sure things got interesting when they arrived home with said drill, and it didn't work. Turns out, that the store would *remove* the motors from display units. So the non-working drills weighed the same, they'd fill the empty motor housing with rocks or concrete.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Reminds me of the book Junie B. Jones is not a crook, where some kid steals her gloves from her jacket cause they thought "Well they aren't taking very good care of them!"

Some kid tried to once steal my moms car, mind you...this thing had a photo of her on the front, with sirens ontop. Think it'd be pretty obvious whose car it is!

Comment

Quoth Project_Mars View Post
                  I can kinda understand how one might be able to swipe a cardboard cutout from a music store... But how can (and why would) someone pry up and steal a urinal without someone noticing?

What, did some bathroom ninjas spirit it away the Urinal to the Mythical Palace of 1000 Bathrooms or something? seriously... that's just...
                  What was weirder was the fact that at the time, a huge riproaring student party was going on in the pub, and the urinal thief somehow managed to steal it without anyone noticing. O_o The theft was only reported when a guy went to use the toilet and found that the middle urinal was gone.
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                  X