This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get lost...no wait! Come back!

So today was grocery shopping day and I had three stops. Stop one was where the suck happened. I'm sorry to say that I was woefully unprepared, as the first stop is usually suck free. I usually expect the suck at either stop two or three.

Before I left today, I popped onto the Save A Lot website to see what was on sale. My main focus has been grapes for the husband. If they're on sale at a particular store, I will do my shopping at that store. Grapes were at 99 cents a pound, not a bad deal at all. Just before I close the page I see a "Like us on Facebook and get a $5 off $25 or more coupon." Sweet! So I like them, get my coupon and get my list in order.

Everything goes fine until I'm ready to check out. I go up to one of the registers and see that while the light is on, there's no one there. Not a big deal. Usually the checkers are straightening stuff or getting change. I look around to see if I can spot a checker and I see her, making her way back, huffing and puffing and leans against a cart. Just as I ask if she's open, she looks at me and says in a not too friendly tone (the brush off tone for those who are familiar), " Go to another lane."

I'm pretty sure the look I gave her was enough to make her realize "Oh shit" as I said nothing and went to the next lane. The checker makes her way over to me, touching my arm (which I brushed off) and trying to tug on my cart (which I move out of her reach) and begs me to come back to her line.

Sorry, but you pretty much told me to get lost. I'm not interested in getting into your lane now, so you can just deal with it. The manager came out about that time because apparently I was not the only one who had a $5 off coupon. In talking with him (and he had heard the checker and wanted to find out what was going on), corporate forgot to mention that they were going to be offering the special coupon.

I told the manager that while I appreciated his help, if the checker who told me to get lost was not interested in helping people, maybe she needs to go home. He nodded and apologized, saying that he would be taking care of it.

It's interesting to note that I've had this checker before and she's not very friendly. On a past visit, she was bitching about the fact that someone called off and that she wanted to go home. She was entitled to go home, how dare they make her work past her quitting time! I think the manager who was on duty that day told her that it would only be another 20 minutes, but she bitched the entire time I was in her lane, trying to garner sympathy from the customers about how unfair it all was.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
    I think the manager who was on duty that day told her that it would only be another 20 minutes, but she bitched the entire time I was in her lane, trying to garner sympathy from the customers about how unfair it all was.
    Unless she's got something booked straight after work, or it's her shift finishing at 10pm & someone's waiting to pick her up, my sister's always been philosophical about it. After all, she gets paid for every extra 15 minutes she's on.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
    X