This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A GRUDGE of my own!

This isn't directly about SCs, so it may not be in the right place, but I had to say something.
    On my lunch hour, I went to Wal-mart and ended up getting THE GRUDGE 2 DVD. After Wal-mart, I stopped by Best Buy and discovered that they had a GRUDGE 2
    2-disc set.
    I went ahead and got the 2-disc set intending to take the one I bought at Wal-mart back (unopened with receipt, of course).
    Here's the rub...

I'm actually embarrassed to be doing this!
    I've made less than 6 returns in my entire life.
    I'm completely serious.
    It's just something I hate doing unless the item is broken or something.
    And after all of my years of retail, I've encountered so many return freaks, I'm embarrassed to even do a perfectly reasonable and legit return.

Yet another reason to hate these entitled, petty and thoroughly asshole-istic gimps!

Guilt for no reason. Gotta love it.

Has anyone else experienced this strange phenomenon?
    ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

I have. Especially when I've had to return something to my own store..
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You think that's bad?

My Mother refuses to return ANYTHING. Even if she doesn't need it. She figures that since she was stupid enough to buy it, she deserves not to get her money back. Oh and she's a etickler for keeping receipts and such, so if she ever needed to return something she has the paperwork. And she often doesn't open things right away, so usually the packaging is still on it. She's never worked customer service in her life, so it's not guilt over having to deal with return whores. it's just the way she is.

She also will do weird thigns like this: She once found a suit she liked at a store, and took it up to the counter to buy it. She didn't check the price, assuming it would be in the $100 range. Well apparently it was 100% silk and was priced at $450 dollars. She was too embarrassed to say 'oh, ok. No thank you.' and put it back so she bought it. She's really weird that way.
      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

I have done that before, nothing to get worked up about. You had it unopened and you had a receipt for it. You were cool about it
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Hah! I'm an Irish Catholic. I feel guilty about everything! Even if I didn't do it

Comment

I also have felt guilty about returning/exchanging purchases (especially at my place of employment) and sending back food.

I realize that there's a good reason to do it, though, so it gets done.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I don't like to send back food either; I'll only do it if I really can't eat it. If it's undercooked, I'll send it back; overcooked, I'll just suck it up and eat it. My mother has no such hangups. Whether I return something sometimes depends on the price. If it's only a few bucks I might not bother. I had a 99 cent spray bottle from Target that had a leak in the bottom seam; I lost the receipt so I didn't even bother to try to exchange it and just bought another one.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm the original guilt queen (I'm French Catholic... nearly as bad as Irish LOL)

I once went to a pub and ordered Quesadillas (best food on EARTH). I asked the waitress if there were any bell peppers in them, since I'm horribly allergic to bell peppers, but hot peppers are fine. She goes "no, NO bell peppers whatsoever, I can guarantee that."

I'm like *huh?* cause you know, I expected her to have to go to the kitchen to check... but it seemed ok, and she went on her merry way.

Fast forward twenty minutes. I take a bite out of my quesadilla and get... you guessed it... a mouthful of bell peppers. I called the waitress over, opened the quesadilla and said "honey, THESE are bell peppers".... she looks at me and goes "no, they're GREEN peppers". ugh.... *rolls eyes* Did I ask her to take it back though? NO! Idiot *sigh* I paid for it and everything.

We had to leave pretty much immediately after that though because I could feel weird things happening to me and I didn't have any medication handy.
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                  I once went to a pub and ordered Quesadillas (best food on EARTH). I asked the waitress if there were any bell peppers in them, since I'm horribly allergic to bell peppers, but hot peppers are fine. She goes "no, NO bell peppers whatsoever, I can guarantee that."
                  That is how a woman nearly died at the restaurant I worked at (this happened before I started there). The woman was deathly allergic to mushrooms, asked if (I think a pasta dish) had mushrooms, and the idiotic server didn't even check, probably because they thought it was a personal preference, and told her no. She ended up going to the hospital. Survived though. Major bullet they dodged there. I'm pretty certain the server got fired too.
                  "I live in Los Angeles, and I was on the walk of fame. I was drunk, and I got a henna tattoo that says, 'Forever.'" -Zack Galifianakis

Call Sophia Moore or Kent E. Ryder for a good time!

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                    She was too embarrassed to say 'oh, ok. No thank you.' and put it back so she bought it. She's really weird that way.
                    I use to do things like that. And, I never made returns. I was (and in certain instances still am) a very shy person. It took me a long time to realize the store personel would not hate me if I changed my mind or returned something. I still try not to send back food though. After working in a restauraunt, I realize mistakes happen and if it's something I can eat, I keep it.

Could/would you exchange the movie for a different one? That way, technically you wouldn't be returning it. It's sad though that we feel guilt making a return every once in awhile, but the people who have made it their life probably don't think twice about it.
                    Manipulating others since 1979.

Not all who wander are lost. J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Working...
                    X