This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More proof about what we already know about SC's

This happened to my CW. SC complained about bed bugs. It happens and CW comps the room without argument. She has authority to do this.

SC: I just wanted to let you know I'm not happy.
    CW: I understand that. That's why I removed the charges from your room.
    SC: Aren't you going to do something?
    CW: I did. You're not being charged.
    SC: Aren't we going to discuss this?

So all it boils down to was that SC's are looking for a thing to be unhappy about.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

And to complain, verbally.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Sometimes people have a need to be listened to. This happens regardless of what, exactly, their complaint or issue is; and definitely regardless of what time pressures other people are under.

A few minutes of attentive listening, followed by exactly the action you were going to do anyway, might make all the difference in these cases.

Hmm. Also, in this case, it might help to let the customer see you file the maintenance report for bedbug removal, and assure the customer that the pest control company will be called first thing in the morning.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

What's to discuss?? Mr Hero's CW probably apologized in the process of doing the refund. What else can he say?

The problem with people like this is that "a few minutes of listening" will not satisfy them either. They want to harangue you and expect you to grovel and promise to commit hara kiri. I've had people do this on the phone and they simply Will. Not. Stop. Talking.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
        X