Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I remember now... (now with possible self sighting! for a limited time only!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember now... (now with possible self sighting! for a limited time only!)

...why I don't shop at the Kmart by our house.

I wandered over to Kmart to buy some socks and underwear. I know, exciting right? I wouldn't have gone there if I hadn't accidentally redeemed some points at MyPoints.com. It was accidental, I swear. I really wanted to get the Darden Restaurant card.

Well, the issue at hand is that this particular Kmart has workers that just don't give a crap. Seriously. The feeling of being dirt beneath their feet is pretty obvious, and heaven forbid if you argue with them about the price of an item.

There was some good. Like the socks being buy one, get one half off and the underwear being a dollar cheaper than the website said.

But if it was all good, I wouldn't be posting here, right? Right.

So one of the things Sears/Kmart has is their rewards program. I know about it, have the card and really don't care too much. As anyone who works retail knows, you have to push those cards. The cashier asks if I have one. I tell her I do, but I don't have it with me.

Cashier: Oh! Did you lose it?
    Me: No, it's at home.
    Cashier: I can look it up
    Me: I honestly don't remember what info I put on it (I don't. I'm bad at stuff like that. I'm lucky if I remember what I had for breakfast that morning).
    Cashier: So you don't have one do you?
    Me: As I said, I have one. It's at home..I'm sorry, why am I explaining this?
    Cashier: Well, you have to have a card.
    Me: Can you please just ring my items up?

The cashier continues to berate me, telling me that lying is a sin, etc. etc. I finally have enough and give her a cold look (and where the potential suck by me comes in).

Me:Listen, if I wanted a sermon, I'd go to church. I don't appreciate being called a liar and I certainly don't appreciate the insinuations you're making about the fact that I don't have your precious card. If I don't have the card will the world end? Will the moon crash into the earth? No, I don't think so. So please stop and let me pay so I can leave in peace.

The cashier gives me the patented cat butt face and finishes ringing me up, and I notice the BOGO item comes up full price. Rather than engage the crazy any further, I don't say anything and decide I'll take it up with Customer Service.

Once I pay, which I ended up paying a little over the $25 gift card I had, I went to the Customer Service desk. I tell the clerk there that I had bought socks, and that there was a sign stating that all family hosiery was BOGO half off. She looks at me like a deer in the headlights. I end up having to take her over there and showing her all the signs posted on all the displays. There were no exclusions.

She stares at the sign, at the receipt and at the other sale sign, as if trying to figure a way out of this, but it's clear there's no way she can argue with this.

I get the price corrected, and she then starts asking around about how she can give me my money back since I paid by gift card. I have to point out that at least $8 of the purchase was on my debit card. She rolls her eyes at me and demands my card. I get my difference back, but I really need to remember to not shop at this store. It's not worth being treated like an imposition.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Wow.

Never had anything that bad happen at K-Mart. I just hate that place because of their stupid cards and the cashiers that won't stop pushing for them. I don't personally blame them as much as I do corporate, but I still get upset. I try to be polite, though. I just don't go there if I can help it. I'd rather deal with the undesireables at Wal-Mart right during peak hours than go to K-Mart for one item.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      Will the moon crash into the earth? No, I don't think so. So please stop and let me pay so I can leave in peace.
      That happens in 72 hours.
      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
        Wow.

Never had anything that bad happen at K-Mart. I just hate that place because of their stupid cards and the cashiers that won't stop pushing for them. I don't personally blame them as much as I do corporate, but I still get upset. I try to be polite, though. I just don't go there if I can help it. I'd rather deal with the undesireables at Wal-Mart right during peak hours than go to K-Mart for one item.
        If I had really thought about it, I'd have waited to go until the husband got home and we would have hit the Kmart up by the comic book store we go to.
        Random conversation:

Comment

I never remember to bring the card either. It's always at home so they end up asking if I want them to look it up. But when they look it up, they can never find it what they're looking for. If they do, I don't get anything so I don't even bother. It's nothing but a waste of time.

But I've never experienced anyone calling me a liar and then bringing religion into it. Real dumbass move on the clerks part.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            That happens in 72 hours.
            OH GOD!! Play the Song of Time! Make it stop!

And wow, fma, that kinda sucks. I wouldn't go back there either, myself.
            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

It's petty crap like that which keeps happening is what's causing K-Mart to decline in Missouri.

I, for one, welcome our Wal Mart overlords.
              Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I never knew there was "family hosiery" either. I don't want to imagine Dad in thigh-highs and Fido in a crotchless bodystocking... ::shudder::

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
                  It's petty crap like that which keeps happening is what's causing K-Mart to decline in Missouri.

I, for one, welcome our Wal Mart overlords.
                  Bwahaha! Yes, the Wal Mart overlords are powerful and mighty. They're actually building a Wal Mart about two blocks away from the Kmart in this post. It makes me wonder how long it'll last before it closes.
                  Random conversation:

Comment

Where in STL is this?

Comment

Saint Charles Rock Road between Lindburgh and 270
                      Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
                      Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
                      Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Yeah, the Bridgeton location's pretty bad. I used to live in Maryland Heights when I was younger.

Comment

Weird coincidence. I just bought socks & undies last Friday at a K-mart. Had no problems, although they did ask me about the card, which I don't have, and I said I didn't want to sign up. The cashier was cool with that.

But if she had said something about "lying" and "sin," as your cashier did, I would've gone straight to customer service to file a complaint. Not putting up with that kind of crap!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

There have been a total of 4 Kmarts near me close in the last year or so. The one closest to me was a complete shithole the last few months it was open. You could tell no one gave a fuck, as there were shoes and clothes strewn about everywhere. I was not upset to see it go.

There's only one left near where I work now, and that one is a den of knuckleheads and malcontents. I can't imagine them staying in business much longer. Ridiculous.
                            Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                              OH GOD!! Play the Song of Time! Make it stop!
                              "You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

(FUCK YOU BEN I'M NOT TALKING TO YOU)
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                              X