Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, SOMEONE should take this to the media -- after all, one thing that no town can afford is a bigoted fire-fighter. Or they have to ask the question "are drag queens worth being saved from a burning house?"

Yeah, if he went to an incident and the person he had to save (or worse - give CPR to) was dressed in drag, would he let the person die just because he doesn't approve of their life-style? If that is even a question, then this person does NOT belong in a position where he has to serve EVERYONE.
    I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

I wouldn't go directly to the media... I'd recommend sponsoring a "drag-off" on the sidewalk in front of the fire station. The media will get the message pretty quickly, trust me...

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W
        I wouldn't go directly to the media... I'd recommend sponsoring a "drag-off" on the sidewalk in front of the fire station. The media will get the message pretty quickly, trust me...
        So full of win!
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I did ask my bf about this cos he does a lot of pro photography and said that technically a venue can revoke the rights to publish the photos even if backdrops were used.

however you can still make the firehall look pretty bad, especially if you point out that they may decide to say ... not respond as fast to homes where they dislike the people etc

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the fire hall public property?
            I'm pretty sure that unless there's an ordinance against taking pictures within the hall, they can't do squat if he publishes.

Comment

From what he said, no... the people in charge of the property retain the right to withdraw permission to use the photos.

Whether or not they'll actually try to take action on it however is a different matter.

Comment

Working...
              X