X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's All So Quiet...

...well, it was!

My fiance and I went for a meal to a local pub last night. Lovely meal, wonderful service and great staff. We were nearing the end of the meal, and we heard yelling. Naturally, being the nosy cow I am, I turned to look. A woman was yelling at the end of the bar.

Woman: I'm a GRANDMA now you know!

Manager 1: You're still banned!

Woman: You want to get in the real world, all your wife has to worry about is filing her nails! (How this was relevant to everything, I don't know)

Manager 1: If you've got so many worries, why are you trying to get back into a bar you were banned from years ago?

Woman: Fuck you! (starts swearing and shouting)

Manager 2: Excuse me, tone the language down please!

Woman: Excuse me, shut the fuck up! *Garble garble garble*

Manager 1: GET OUT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Woman: I won't be back!

Manager 1: GOOD! NOW PISS OFF!

*Woman exits*

I believe my facial expressions went like this:

I was just about to ask if you were in my Ex's old Local.... but wrong county
    Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
      Wasn't that the whole point the manager was trying to get her to understand?
      FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Quoth C. Cecil Ivanish View Post
        Wasn't that the whole point the manager was trying to get her to understand?
        Yes, yes it was. I think she was trying to salvage some sort of dignity at this point because the whole bar was staring.

Comment

Yes, yes it was. I think she was trying to salvage some sort of dignity at this point because the whole bar was staring.
          "Well, you banned me, so to make you feel bad I won't come back."

Yes, it makes sense.

Somewhere.
          FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

"You say that like it was your choice." -Gord
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
              This post is proof why this board needs a rating system. Rate up, my good sir.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

ROFL that's cute.

Makes me think of those tales where it goes like...

Boss: You're fired
                worker: You can't fire me, I quit!

Or Person A dumping Person B and person B trying to convince everyone that THEY dumped Person A first etc.

Comment

"Door's on your left". - Gord
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    Boss: You're fired
                    worker: You can't fire me, I quit!
                    Of course, if a worker quits, it means less hassle for the boss, so he'd probably be happy if the worker turned it around on him like that.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger

Of course, if a worker quits, it means less hassle for the boss, so he'd probably be happy if the worker turned it around on him like that.
                      Boss: Great. Now I don't have to file this corrective action notice for your termination, and I don't have to worry about contesting your unemployment claim since you won't be eligible having quit rather than being terminated. Now just fill out this voluntary resignation notice...
                      "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                      "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                      My MySpace
                      My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post
                        Boss: Great. Now I don't have to file this corrective action notice for your termination, and I don't have to worry about contesting your unemployment claim since you won't be eligible having quit rather than being terminated. Now just fill out this voluntary resignation notice...
                        Exactly. If your boss fires you, just smile, turn in your name-badge, and walk out. Promptly file for unemployment and contact your attorney.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Exactly. If your boss fires you, just smile, turn in your name-badge, and walk out. Promptly file for unemployment and contact your attorney.
                          Back in January, my boss told me - in writing and in person - that he had no intention of contesting my Unemployment Claim when he term'd me (also in writing). I had the Appeal notice from the State less than 48 hours after my last shift there; I had applied that night. This suggests to me that his letter requesting Appeal was in the mail to the State before he even gave me the Term letter. Sneaky bastid.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            I had the Appeal notice from the State less than 48 hours after my last shift there; I had applied that night. This suggests to me that his letter requesting Appeal was in the mail to the State before he even gave me the Term letter.
                            Not necessarily. Many states will deny your unemployment out of hand these days, and make you appeal. This is particularly the case if your reason for termination is a policy violation or something, but I've heard of it happening on all sorts of cases. If you bother to appeal, then they'll see if your former employer wants to fight for it, and you'll either get your unemployment or go to a hearing. But they're hoping you give up and don't appeal.
                            "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                            "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                            My MySpace
                            My LiveJournal

Comment

SD: Nope. Here, they seem to auto-approve you unless the employer protests it. It's just that it takes a long, long time (I got another job soon after the January one died, but got canned for unclear reasons the first week of June. I am STILL waiting for them to process the app, and I didn't really have money set aside, either >_< It's been a bad three months...)

With the January job, I'm talking about a form from my employer, signed by him specifically protesting the UE (I won the appeal. I document things, apparently he does not), and claiming several fictional "misbehavior" things, is what showed up in my mail with alacrity...None of these claims had come up in anything in the past (aside from vague accusations, never written down, that I had disproved ages ago), and none of which were mentioned on the Term letter. In fact, the letter left the door wide open for me to do "outside contracting" work for him in the future -- he actually said that he wanted to do business with me down the line...Does that sound like the words of someone I had pissed off? . There was nothing in the Term letter that suggested that I was "being let go" for any reason aside from the (fictional) downturn in business (read: they hired someone who works for less but can only do half of what I was doing)

Comment

Working...
                              X