This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're not invisible. (Kinda gross)

So tonight I stopped at super convenience store after work to get something to munch on before I head home. I ordered my food and paid for my stuff, then handed my stuff to my wife while I went and washed my hands in the bathroom.

When I went in, I noticed from the sounds of the toilet paper roll jiggling around in its metal casing and the smell of yesterdays tacos, that someone was using the toilet stall. A flush of the toilet confirmed that the stall was indeed in use, which was of no concern to me because I was there minding my own business and giving my hands a lovely wash so I could enjoy my food.

The door swung open and I noticed an employee of the store come out in his store issued shirt. I looked over directly at him, he looked at me... and continued to walk right out the door.

Really?

No wait... really? You just took a shit and now you're walking out of the bathroom without washing your hands while a customer is standing there watching you do it?

I quickly dried my hands and went out the door to see where this yabbo was headed, and my worst fears confirmed... he was behind the counter putting on gloves at the food prep area. He didn't have enough time to wash his hands before putting on the gloves so I know he didn't do it at a sink there, and he certainly didn't have the time to wash them properly for working in food preparation.

Lucky for me, my stuff was done already and I quickly headed out the door.

Normally I would have said something, but being this late at night, I figured no one would be working who had the power to properly deal with the situation, so it wasn't worth kicking up a storm with them in there. However, as soon as I returned home, I fired off an email to the head offices about the situation.

Seriously, in what world is it okay to work in food services with such bad habits? I thought it was pretty common sense that you wash your hands after you use the bathroom. Especially if you were taking a crap.
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Ring up the health department. They have quite an interest in things such as that.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Because that thirty seconds it takes to wash properly takes soooo much time >_>

Comment

O fuck that shit.

I mean there's a reason why every public restroom has the "employees must wash hands" sign up.

where I work, not only do I do that every time I use the restroom, I also scrub my hands with sanitizer every so often....

Hell I even replaced the sanitizer myself out of pocket (well it was on sale for a dollar so hell I can fork up a buck to bring it in)

Comment

When I worked in Fast Food, my hands were often left all wrinkly from the amount of times I washed them no matter what task I did, be it bins, tables, floors or food. Hell, even changing from chips to drinks was a hand wash.

That there is just wrong.
          Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

Same thing happened when my neighbor went to a local Mexican restaurant. However, unlike the guy in your story Mystic, the guy in the neighbor's story was one of the higher up managers of the place! Yeah, I haven't been back since my friend told me that.

Comment

We had a manager who, according to some of the other guys in the office, never washed his hands after using the men's room. Whenever we had food in the office for some reason, everyone tried to get their share before he touched any of it.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I think its sad that there are SIGNS REMINDING people to wash their hands. Why is this not common knowledge?? And people don't read signs anyway... Ugh, don't go back to that place EVER again. Guh-ross.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                  Same thing happened when my neighbor went to a local Mexican restaurant. However, unlike the guy in your story Mystic, the guy in the neighbor's story was one of the higher up managers of the place! Yeah, I haven't been back since my friend told me that.
                  I ended up with giardia as a result of some ass like this.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

People get the mistaken idea that, "I'm wearing gloves, so it doesn't matter if my hands are clean."

what they don't realize is there is an ability for bacteria and viruses to migrate through microscopic holes in the vinyl. Also, the gloves tend to tear.

Google "Restaurant worker spreads Hepatitis A". You'll be amazed.

Then read up on the history of Typhoid Mary.

These are the reasons we have these laws.

So what's the purpose of the gloves?

To protect YOU from the bacteria that is commonly found on all kinds of ingredients, from meat to eggs to vegetables.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I don't care if you're even preparing food. Washing hands after using the bathroom just comes naturally to me. If I hadn't washed my hands, I wouldn't be comfortable for the rest of the day.

Even if I hadn't felt like my business wasn't particularly disgusting, I like washing my hands simply because the sink is there and, chances are, I hadn't washed my hands in a while, and this was a good opportunity to do so. If you've had any level of decent parenting and upbringing this sort of thing would just come naturally to you.
                      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                      Fiancee: What?!
                      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

I hope the food you purchased there was pre-packaged. Otherwise I would have been demanding a refund and telling them WHY I wasn't going to eat anything prepared there.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                          I don't care if you're even preparing food. Washing hands after using the bathroom just comes naturally to me. If I hadn't washed my hands, I wouldn't be comfortable for the rest of the day.

Even if I hadn't felt like my business wasn't particularly disgusting, I like washing my hands simply because the sink is there and, chances are, I hadn't washed my hands in a while, and this was a good opportunity to do so. If you've had any level of decent parenting and upbringing this sort of thing would just come naturally to you.
                          I'm exactly the same way.

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
                            I hope the food you purchased there was pre-packaged. Otherwise I would have been demanding a refund and telling them WHY I wasn't going to eat anything prepared there.
                            I'm with you. I can't say anything to my customers about their hands, but I have said it to coworkers and would have something to say in this situation.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Well, I never got a response from the message I sent via their website, so I hit up their facebook today and someone responded within an hour or so and had me email the story to them. I'm awaiting a response again today as they were probably gone by the time they got it. Will be interesting to see what the company has to say about it.
                              Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Working...
                              X