This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returns Bitch at Walmart

So, I recently broke down and made a trip to Walmart to get some things that our new house desperately needed before we could really live there comfortably. While there, I grabbed a few cute tops because they have a lot of them, and they always have them large enough to fit, too. Unfortunately, two of them were not the sizes their labels said they were, so I had to return them.

So I'm in the returns line on a lovely Saturday afternoon behind a half dozen other people when the next person gets called to the counter and she drags up a cart full of baby clothes.

She grabs a stack of baby clothes, most of them still folded, and tosses them up on the counter. She has no receipt. I'm thinking there's a very slim chance that she didn't grab them from inside the store, along with the clothes she actually planned on buying (well, probably stealing, since she was going to use the money from the returns).

So, the returns clerk rings up all of the "return" clothing, and miss bitch then starts pawing through the other clothes she picked up on her little shopping trip and starts deciding which ones she's actually going to buy and which ones she's going to abandon in the cart in front of the counter because being considerate is far too much work for her.

At this point, the other returns clerk has gone off shift and the baby clothes bitch is tying up the only clerk. The line doesn't move for at least ten more minutes. Finally, she runs out of money, and shoves the cart still half full of clothes out of her own way and starts off. As she's leaving, feeling all proud of her scammer skills, I give her a look and say, "About time."

She puffs up, all, "What you say?" at me, calling me names and shit, and the other people in line, who've also been waiting on her entitled ass, tell her "she can say what she wants," and the like. She's all threatening that she's going to "find me" and something or other, and I'm just ignoring her. I think she might have been hoping to stir up some racial tension against me what with the "white bitch" comments, but she found no allies in that crowd.

Once she abandoned the field, I got a couple of, "I know, right?" sort of comments from other people in line and we finally could get on with our day.

On an entirely unrelated note, the poor woman in front of me had the misfortune to buy an air mattress a week prior that had been opened before she got it, and she didn't realize it. Her first attempt to return it (to a different store) had been rebuffed due to it being open and she was hoping that taking it back to the store she had gotten it from would work out better. I let her know that they couldn't take things like that back due to health reasons, which I think made her feel less mad at the store for not taking it back, but still frustrated over the whole thing. Not sure how it worked out for her, as I was done in about two minutes and on my merry way.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

the nerve of some people. Its good you ignored her becuase I find that pissed people off more when i did that. and laughed at their stupidity. Now if she were to lay a finger on me then....
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

I'm sure that SC would have fluffed up real nice if you accused her outright of "returning" items she never actually purchased.

Ah, the things we wish we could say.

Comment

Well, since I didn't know for certain that she hadn't actually stolen all of the clothes that were returned, I wasn't going to accuse her of it.

But she sure as hell wasted a whole chunk of time for a whole lot of people by treating the returns clerk like a checkout. That was for sure and I wasn't about to let her get out without calling her on it.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Bleah @ people in their own world. Where everyone but them is subject to time.

And wow. I'm surprised they even returned them.

The Walmarts here, even though they have a really excellent return policy, will do /nothing/ for you if you don't have a receipt.

I bought a set of bits because I couldn't find where the hell mine ended up (as usual) so I decided to get one in case I /really/ couldn't find them in time. Turns out, I did find them, but lost the receipt (ta-da!) and they wouldn't take them back even for store credit. *shrugs*

No biggie. They still came in handy since I scrapped one of mine a month or so later

Comment

Quoth Slayer View Post
            And wow. I'm surprised they even returned them.

The Walmarts here, even though they have a really excellent return policy, will do /nothing/ for you if you don't have a receipt.
            Oh, no, they'll let you steal anything and hand it in to the returns desk as a return without a receipt, now. And you can do it up to three times every 45 days. >_<

Quoth Walmart Corporate
            Walmart's No Receipt policy applies to items returned in a store only. You have the option of a cash refund (for purchases under $25), a Gift Card for the amount of the purchase (for purchases over $25) or an even exchange for the product. We also follow any manufacturer's warranties. You can make up to three No Receipt returns within a 45 day period.
            ^-.-^

Comment

Interesting. Walmart Canada doesn't have that:

http://www.walmart.ca/Customer-Service/Return-Policy

I'm in Canada, by the way lol

I wonder how much theft goes on down there

Comment

How much theft?

All of it.

It's ridiculous what people return at Walmart down here.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  Oh, no, they'll let you steal anything and hand it in to the returns desk as a return without a receipt, now. And you can do it up to three times every 45 days. >_<
                  Here, they require you to get it stickered by the door greeter first, to show that it came into the store, rather than from the merchandise racks. I think that's a pretty good approach to taking returns without a receipt.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

That is a good system. They don't appear to do that at this shop.

Thinking about it, one must wonder how she got that bunch of clothes, still folded, from her car to the cart without them becoming unfolded or mussed up. Which makes me think, even more, that she's a scamming thief.

^-.-^

Comment

Here for returns the greeters will use the handheld to print out a tag for each item returned.
                      "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                        Here, they require you to get it stickered by the door greeter first, to show that it came into the store, rather than from the merchandise racks. I think that's a pretty good approach to taking returns without a receipt.
                        that doesn't really stop them from stealing said items first, leaving the store, and bringing it back in at a later time. then they'd just be able to get it stickered to go do a receipt-less return...

yeaaaah....my town is pretty bad that my mind went there first ><

Comment

Quoth slipknotpsycho View Post
                          that doesn't really stop them from stealing said items first, leaving the store, and bringing it back in at a later time. then they'd just be able to get it stickered to go do a receipt-less return...
                          True, but at least then, there's a higher likelihood that they'll get caught thieving. You can't win them all, after all.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

The US must have vastly different consumer law to Australia. I dont know of any major retail outlet here that will allow refunds without a receipt. An exchange maybe (if the product is faulty or damaged), but not a refund.

It certainly sounds like she was scamming.
                            "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
                            "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
                            "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

Quoth raw456 View Post
                              The US must have vastly different consumer law to Australia. I dont know of any major retail outlet here that will allow refunds without a receipt. An exchange maybe (if the product is faulty or damaged), but not a refund.

It certainly sounds like she was scamming.
                              As far as I know, it isn't really consumer protection laws that are to blame. Just general spinelessness in the name of "customer service."
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X