This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd post office sighting

Not sure if I posted this here before...

So I was at the post office using the APC kiosk to ship out some ebay sales. Aside from the usual stupidity (how do I use this touch screen, how do I pay/what do you mean it won't let me pay cash, etc), there was this.

Most mail orders state to contact the company first for a RMA, and said RMA address is usually at least slightly different from the address of the fulfillment center that ships the order out (different zip, different department, etc). At the very least, the presence of an RMA number will tell the mail sorters where it needs to go. Well, the lady in front of me was trying to return some clothing or something, and she was trying to input the zip code for the fulfillment center. She didn't have any return paperwork, nothing. From what I could see, she had blacked out her address and was trying to ship it back to the exact place it came from.

That zip code wasn't recognized by the machine...the explanation I overheard was that the zip in question did not accept incoming mail. It was patiently explained to the woman that she needed to contact the company first so they knew to expect a return (and then was found out she did not have any of the paperwork that arrived with the merchandise)...

"But why should I have to do that? They should know that people will want to make returns!" (yes, but most people would think to contact the company or at least use the return-mail label often included in orders)
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    "But why should I have to do that? They should know that people will want to make returns!"
    They do. That's why that have *gasp* returns policies!
    ludo ergo sum

Comment

Working...
    X