This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I hate busy bodies.

I've had something similar happen at a store at the mall. I went to this candy/ice cream place to get a chocolate bar. Two old biddies behind me asked me why I didn't get the ice cream. They acted personally offended that I wasn't getting the ice cream. Then there was another time when I declined a "buy 3 get 1 free" offer and this other customer kept saying "you should have got another". This one wasn't nasty about it, but it was still annoying.

Comment

Quoth Mouse View Post
      My advice? Cheap-ass but highly visible earbuds. you know, the kind that doesn't actually block out any sound? don't have to plug them in or anything, just wear them and people should leave you alone ^__^ thats what i do anyway >_>
      I've been known to have them "plugged in" to my pocket and if someone is getting really annoying I'll pull out my "invisible" mp3 player, fiddle with the imaginary buttons while muttering to myself about stupid people.....yeah they tend to give you a wide berth after pulling that....
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Take a buddy. My boyfriend and I do our shopping together and I don't recall anyone ever commenting on our shopping choices. Of course, it might have something to do with his being over 6' and weighing in near 300 lbs. ^-.-^
        You should loan him out for a fee.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I admit I look in other people's carts to see what they're buying. I think most folks do. I usually only do it when I'm sitting in the food court at Costco with my Dad, and we keep our silly comments between ourselves.
          Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth Beki710 View Post
            Thrusts a pack of premium sausage in my face
            Giggidy

And I'm surprised. Sheldons was the first to post in this topic and refrained from making jokes abotu sausage.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

I rarely make a trip to Walmart without my iPhone (and thus my iPod) on and earphones firmly stuffed into my ears...not only does it stop idiots from talking to me but I can't hear them talking to each other either It's a much nicer shopping experience when I can practically dance through the aisles to the music!
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                Giggidy

And I'm surprised. Sheldons was the first to post in this topic and refrained from making jokes abotu sausage.
                The linkage of sausage to grinder straightens him up.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

The second woman sounded more like she was just making chitchat, but the first one ... good grief! I applaud your response about "If you're going to pay for them ..." A fellow volunteer at the local thrift shop said something once about buying a new coat because the neighbours wouldn't want to see her walking around in her coat from the previous winter. OTOH she is not financially strapped (as far as I know) but she also sounded as if the neighbours really were "that" type. I said if it were me, and the neighbours got antsy about my coat, I'd tell them they were free to buy me a new coat each year if my "old" coat offended their sensibilities that much. This seemed to be a new concept to her ...

Comment

Quoth Beki710 View Post
                    I think i would have taken then beans thing better if I hadnt already been questioned. I hate supermarket shopping it takes a lot of effort on my part so I'm really not a sociable shopper! i may have to try out some headphones!
                    Don't apologize for that. Why should you be? You're there to get food, not make new friends!

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                    I rarely make a trip to Walmart without my iPhone (and thus my iPod) on and earphones firmly stuffed into my ears...not only does it stop idiots from talking to me but I can't hear them talking to each other either It's a much nicer shopping experience when I can practically dance through the aisles to the music!
                    Except for that one kid (and there's always that one kid ) that is screaming at such a volume that you can hear them clear on the other side of the store. And then there's the ones that are so high-pitched that it's verging into only dogs can hear it range.
                    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                      Don't apologize for that. Why should you be? You're there to get food, not make new friends!
                      I wasn't really apologising, I just know that I would have been slightly more up for conversation without the first pair. I was on the defensive by that point!
                      My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                        Except for that one kid (and there's always that one kid ) that is screaming at such a volume that you can hear them clear on the other side of the store. And then there's the ones that are so high-pitched that it's verging into only dogs can hear it range.
                        I can only go so far into my happy place, it seems
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                        X