This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSTST in action

For those who don't remember, a while back gravekeeper coined the term TSTST, or too straight to sit together, which often results in rather than sitting uncomfortably close to someone you know, sitting uncomfortably close to a complete stranger.
    Well, this happened on the 811 yesterday, some missionaries had gotten permission from their mission president to go to the Salt Lake Temple (they wouldn't shut up about how great that was), we of course two overly straight missionaries could not sit next to each other on the three person wide bench (the one that goes sideways over the wheel well in the back of the bus), no they had to leave the seat in between them empty.
    A few stops later on walks a rather promiscuously dressed, um, I'll use the term lady for politeness and guess which was the only seat available on the bus

I'm going to hell, but it was so fun to watch them squirm as they weighed whether it would have been worse having this "lady" sitting in between them or being forced to have shoulders touch... I think they would have preferred the latter

The lesson of the day, trying to avoid an awkward situation on the bus will often lead to an even worse one, especially when it is the 811 which always runs at capacity (if not over it).
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

*giggle*

I've seen this in action. Dudes are just going to have to figure out that urinal etiquette isn't necessary outside the washroom.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

[QUOTE=smileyeagle1021;955929]...I'm going to hell, but it was so fun to watch them squirm as they weighed whether it would have been worse having this "lady" sitting in between them or being forced to have shoulders touch... I think they would have preferred the latter
      ...QUOTE]

Is that why they call them "Latter" Day Saints? :-D
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

i'm reminded of a flash game that was circulating on one of my ships... about which urinal was OK to use and which was too close to other men etc.

Comment

If they'd been gentlemen one could have stood and offered her his seat. Problem solved.
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

I'm a member of the church the missionaries represent, and I STILL find it hilarious! By avoiding an awkward situation, they only created one that was even more awkward.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              i'm reminded of a flash game ... about which urinal was OK to use and which was too close to other men etc.
              Was thinking the same thing myself PE. Too funny.

And Smiley - pretty sure that satisfaction at others being 'forced' into tolerance isn't on any deity's Send-To-Hell list.

http://gamescene.com/The_Urinal_Game_game.html

Comment

Hmmm.. Perhaps it was a case of TBTBT instead. To Bi To Be Tempted

Comment

Working...
                X