This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moron kid can't handle the plane

Being on a flight with a screaming baby is annoying. Real annoying. Especially when it's non-stop for the entire duration.

A little while ago I was on a flight. It was very short, just from Providence to DC. Just as we were entering the runway for takeoff, I hear this blood curdling scream from behind me. I was thinking, "Great, there's this toddler on this plane and he's going to scream the entire way."

Then, as we're gaining speed on the runway I hear the mother yelling, "YOU NEED TO PUT YOUR SEATBELT ON!" followed by, "NO! NO! NO!"

I turn around and, sure enough, there's not a toddler, but what appeared to be an 8-year-old standing on the seat as we become airborne! The kid is jumping up and down making a tantrum, somehow maintaining his balance as the plane pitches and yaws after takeoff. The mother is finally able to grab him and force him back into his seat, telling him how dangerous his behavior is.

Similar thing happened just before landing where the kid was upset again. I was totally expecting a 2-year-old in that seat not an 8-year-old. If you're scared of flying, the last thing you want to do is start jumping on the airplane!
    Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
    Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
    Fiancee: What?!
    Me: Nevermind.

I was once on a similar flight. Except the kid was encouraged by his family to run all over the plane. He hit me smack in the head with a metal Tonka truck. (pre 9/11) I took it way and gave it to the crew. They helped me with the cut on the side of my face and refused to give back the truck.

The crew had to get the copilot to come talk to the family and explain that until the kid was in his seat we couldn't land. After the crew had gone to their seats the family let the child out of his seat.

After landing we were told to stay in our seats and let those with small children exit first. The family was smirking as they walked off. My family was last off - we were at our destination why fight the crowd. When we got off the plane - the family wasn't smirking. The adults were handcuffed seems disobeying the crew is a crime.

Comment

Quoth kaherbert View Post
      ....After landing we were told to stay in our seats and let those with small children exit first. The family was smirking as they walked off. My family was last off - we were at our destination why fight the crowd. When we got off the plane - the family wasn't smirking. The adults were handcuffed seems disobeying the crew is a crime.
      Yup. Just like a ship at sea, on an airplane the captain's word is law. (I don't think he can perform weddings, though.)
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Don't think they've ever been asked either. Only one way to find out! <.<

Comment

The adults were handcuffed seems disobeying the crew is a crime.
          and i'm betting junior was in for a bit of a shock too when someone else had to claim him now that both parents were in cuffs...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            and i'm betting junior was in for a bit of a shock too when someone else had to claim him now that both parents were in cuffs...
            Gotta love it when karma bites back like that ... especially that quickly.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
              Don't think they've ever been asked either. Only one way to find out! <.<
              And after the ceremony, the bride and groom can join the Mile High Club. Romantic.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                And after the ceremony, the bride and groom can join the Mile High Club. Romantic.
                at least you know your father in law can't shoot you if you back out at the last minute

Comment

But you can't run away, either...
                  You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Sorry you had to deal with the shrieking brat, but glad to see his mother made an effort. I honestly expect the average parent to sit and stare glassy-eyed at her precious angel and tell him and everyone around how cute his behavior is.

Has anyone ever seen the episode of Rocko's Modern Life where Rocko and Heffer get on a plane? I like Rocko's remedy for the brat running up and down the aisles: grab the fucker and throw him in the luggage compartment. Much like what I think would happen in real life, Rocko got a round of applause.

Comment

Quoth ShadowBall View Post
                      Has anyone ever seen the episode of Rocko's Modern Life where Rocko and Heffer get on a plane? I like Rocko's remedy for the brat running up and down the aisles: grab the fucker and throw him in the luggage compartment. Much like what I think would happen in real life, Rocko got a round of applause.
                      I'm actually thinking of Bill Cosby's "Jeffery" bit from his comedy routine, but the Rocko's works too.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                        Yup. Just like a ship at sea, on an airplane the captain's word is law. (I don't think he can perform weddings, though.)
                        O/T, but I believe the bit about ship captains performing weddings dates back to before the introduction of modern technology (such as steam-powered ships). Back then, a voyage could take long enough that a couple could meet, fall in love, and (Oops!) have to get married before the voyage ended in order to preserve family honour. Since the captain was the highest authority available, he was the one to perform the ceremony. Air travel doesn't take anywhere near long enough for this particular aspect of the captain's authority to be necessary.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Information about weddings at sea.

If an airplane captain performed a wedding in the air, would that be considered a marriage made in the heavens?
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth kaherbert View Post
                            After landing we were told to stay in our seats and let those with small children exit first. The family was smirking as they walked off. My family was last off - we were at our destination why fight the crowd. When we got off the plane - the family wasn't smirking. The adults were handcuffed seems disobeying the crew is a crime.
                            PWND! Karma 1, Sucky Family 0!

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving bunch.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Wow. At least the mother tried to get the kid under control. I've seen alot of parents not even bother trying to get the child under control. Its made flying alot more miserable than it used to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X