This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Landlord Strikes Again

Usually, it's the maintenance folk who are in charge of keeping the grounds clean, but they found an easier way, having designated tenants be caretakers, for a discount on their rent, they vaccuum the carpeted stairways and floors of the outside of the buildings, salt/sand around in the winter, leaf blow, etc etc etc.

I've posted about it before, usually every fall, they'll don their Ghostbuster-like lead blowing contraption either on a windy day or right before it's forecasted to have wind advisories (this is very common in early October, it'll get very warm and the winds will be very strong from the south. Friday was outrageously windy).

Wednesday, I was woken up at 2 pm because the caretaker was vaccuuming outside all of our front doors.

Thursday and Friday, it was extremely windy. Now the floor is covered in leaves, those little helicopter dead leaves, and all other kinds of crap that flew around in the past few days off the trees and shrubbery.

Does anyone ever watch the weather report before making decisions like that? I delayed cleaning my floors because I put stuff out on the porch while I clean the floors and let it dry, and it was too windy to have the windows open Thurs/Fri, because the shades would slap violently against the window.

And the damn Asian Lady Beetles are back, thanks to this warm weather. Which, I love warm fall weather, but HATE the box elder beetles and Asian beetles that come out in force. I can't open my bedroom windows because there's armies of them outside when the sun is beating against that side of the building. As it is, I had to borrow my parents' dust buster so I can vaccuum up the ones that sneak inside a few times a day.

I don't follow lease rules and I bug spray anyway, so the ones that do get in are dead or close to it. I just wish they'd treat the entire damn building and I wouldn't have to spray at night when no one can see and tell on me. According to the property management company, you'll "ruin" the building and windows and whatnot by using bug spray, and if you have bugs, it's obviously always an infestation (no, one spider and a few Asian beetles are NOT an infestation) and it was your fault so you need to call THEM and have them get rid of the bugs. Sometimes I've considered calling them up and asking if they'd kill a spider for me, just to be an ass.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas View Post
    Sometimes I've considered calling them up and asking if they'd kill a spider for me, just to be an ass.
    Please do...
    "I would of done it myself, but I don't think I would of had the authorization to do so."
    Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

I'd have too hard of a time letting the thing live another moment. I HATE spiders. I will do whatever I have to do, use whatever I have to, to kill them. But it'd be funny to call and ask anyway. They'd be convinced I attracted spiders because my apartment is dirty, and I'd get a lecture or maybe even them to come over and "inspect".

You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Iseeyouthere View Post
        Please do...
        "I would of done it myself, but I don't think I would of had the authorization to do so."
        but I thought that only applied to magical fireworks?????
        Last edited by Racket_Man; 10-09-2011, 06:41 AM.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
        X